Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
The position of Facilities Associate requires an energetic & enthusiastic individual who is detail oriented & enjoys working on a variety of different projects. In this role, you will proactively support the day-to-day operations of Intersection by keeping the office running effectively, efficiently & safely. You will act as company ambassador developing a good rapport with employees, frequent guests, & teammates.
Success in this role will require a reliable self-starter who has great communication, etiquette, strong computer skills & is a team player. This person must be comfortable working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
Within your first month:
- You will learn about the different departments in the company.
- Learn the multiple building management, access card & floorplan systems that help us operate on a day to day basis.
- Meet vendors
- Understand the various facilities team roles & be able to fill in as needed.
- Participate in the Fire Safety/Emergency Action Plan team.
- The ability to work overtime when needed.
- Provide information & support for after hour events to the hosts so the events can run successfully without facilities presence after hours
Within your first three months:
- Build & develop relationships with vendors & other Intersection employees
- Track department catering expenses for chargeback purposes
- Know where all of the Intersection offices & warehouses are located.
- Order supplies & coding credit card receipts. Perform daily walkthroughs of the space to ensure there are no safety hazards & ensure the office space is kept orderly.
- Respond to facilities requests in a timely manner. Follow up on completion of requests that were directed to other facilities members and/or outside vendors
- Communicate with employees keeping them informed of updates & timelines
- Coordinate vendor entry including approval for COIs, enter new vendors in the buildings vendor management system, schedule them in the loading dock & freight & ensure there is coverage for before/after hours projects as needed
- Present Facilities Information at the New Hire Orientations
- Provide support & assistance on the Corporate Emergency Response Team & assist with implementing procedures.
Within your first nine months:
- Strive to improve the workplace by problem-solving, communicating with employees, assessing their needs & requests & evaluate & reevaluate their needs
- Provide direction & support for the Facilities team
- Negotiate prices with vendors.
- Coordinate internal relocation requests & resources. Update floorplans (and new hire spreadsheet) by tracking new hire seating & internal relocations
- Work on real estate projects as needed which may include attending site visits & meetings & providing feedback to management.
- Assist with build-outs & relocations.
- Possess the ability to read floorplans.
- Take ownership of the Hudson Yards office.
- Lead the team, mentor them & provide input on their annual reviews.
Youre great for this role because:
- You have a positive, can-do attitude!
- Ability to multi-task & be flexible to handle multiple deadlines
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, business communication, & time-management skills
- Experience with expense tracking & budgets.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse & global audience, we value a diverse workforce & inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, & veteran status.