You will be a Senior Software Engineer on a newly forming team which is focused on creating & expanding Pelotons web presence by engaging customers with unique stories through personalized content.
As owners of the product, we obsess over the customer. Market research, user research, A/B testing, data analysis, et al, all inform product & new development, creating ecommerce experiences that can be utilized across inside sales, retail & marketing, & are metrics-driven. As engineers, we build an engineering environment that is scalable & easy to work with, continuously improving our tools & processes for development, release, testing, monitoring, et al.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Work with a team of 4-6 engineers
- Work with tools like Typescript, React, Next.js, & styled-components
- Consume our internal Python & Kotlin APIs
- Own full lifecycle, from ideation & discovery through deployment & support
- Utilize & expand on various content tools to create a personalized user experience
- Envision & build scalable, reusable components that improve both user & dev experience
- Be an enthusiastic & invested partner with the design & product leads
- Vet & build new engagement features
- Promote clean code through continuous refactoring while developing features
- Create & foster a stable, scalable Agile environment
- Create & foster a team dynamic of positivity, inclusivity, transparency, learning & trust
- Pair & mob & mentor & grow
- Have a voice that is valued
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE...
- ~8 years of web development experience
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Passion for building consumer-facing websites
- Expertise in:
- Industry best practices & web standards
- React, Next.js, Vue or similar JS frameworks
- Personalized content
- Passion for:
- Building for scale & performance
- Web accessibility & best practices
- Keeping up to date with the latest tech
- Smart UI & design
- Repurposable code
- An agile mindset that embraces iterative design.
- Experience delivering products in collaboration with UX, Design, Product & of course other engineering teams.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU...
- Have background in Python, Kotlin, Java or similar
- Have contributed to a Design System
- Participate in an Open Source project(s)
- Enjoy tech talks, katas, lunch & learns, & geeking over programming languages, architecture, category theory, agile, or whatever engineering topic you are passionate about
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.