Guardant Healthis a leading precision oncologycompanyfocused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics.The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease,Guardant Healthhas launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, & is developing programs for recurrence & early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Lunar Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to help test & validate novel technologies for the early detection of cancer with next-generation sequencing in a regulated environment. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies & work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful & meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Senior Scientist in the Lunar Development Team, you will work with members within the team & interface with multiple teams including process engineering, clinical operations, research operations, & bioinformatics. You will be hands on in the lab & be required to design, implement, & validate new technologies related to liquid biopsy sequencing assays for the early detection, treatment, & monitoring of all cancer types.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be able to work in a team environment & independently to develop, test & validate technologies for rare variant studies with next-generation sequencing (NGS).
- Think creatively & design robust, hypothesis driven experiments.
- Utilizing NGS technologies to answer biological & technical questions.
- Document product development requirements & validation results.
- Be highly committed & deliver results in a fast-paced, technically challenging environment.
- Be engaged & committed to mentoring junior scientists.
- Strong background in molecular biology and/or nucleic acid chemistry is required.
- Deep technical knowledge of NGS library preparation, target enrichment, & rigorous product development practices is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of NGS sample preparation & sequencing technologies is required.
- Experience in development and/or optimization of sequencing-based genomic assays, preferably in developing clinically validated tests in a regulated environment is required.
- Excellent interdisciplinary communication skills required including a demonstrated ability to document & communicate scientific data is required.
- Experience with bioinformatics analysis of NGS datasets using R, Python, IGV, JMP etc.
- Experience using and/or programming common laboratory automation platforms (Tecan or Hamilton).
- Experience developing or optimizing nucleic acid isolation chemistries.
Ph.D. with 4-8 years of experience in genomics or molecular biology is required.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.