Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilisation & storytelling to help the leading organisations, businesses, activists, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change. To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organising, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role is full time & reports to an Associate Strategy Director. The position is based in Purposes London office but being based in other parts of the UK is possible. The role is offered as a Fixed Term - 1 year position, with high possibility for conversion to permanent depending on performance & budget. The salary band for this role is 28,000 - 35,000 annually.
As a Purpose Strategy Associate, you will:
- Support the development of integrated grassroots campaign strategies (digital, grassroots, paid, earned, owned, partnerships, influencers etc.) that move people to action & change public narratives
- Play a supporting role in campaign execution, including developing campaign content (e.g., writing email & social media copy), executing offline tactics & stunts, running experiments (e.g., A/B email subject line tests), monitoring metrics, & sharing data-driven results
- Support campaign lead in developing approaches to engage new audiences on important issues through creative campaign concepts & content that optimized for participation & public engagement
- Support the development of campaign narratives & identify storytelling opportunities & channels
- Contribute to the development of campaign content in partnership with the Purpose creative team, including videos, graphics, & digital experiences
- Be part of a team that analyzes the issue landscape & identify opportunities for interventions for impact
- Contribute to campaigns from research & analysis to strategy to concept through to planning, execution & measurement, in partnership with creative
- Contribute to preparing for fundraising & partnership conversations
- Develop & present professional & high quality client-facing deliverables, such as strategy presentations with clear flow & focused recommendations, campaign plans outlining goals, audience, channels, partnerships, timeline etc.
This is what a day in the life of an Strategy Associate looks like:
- You will be developing advocacy campaign strategies & tactics that shift narratives & move people to action
- You will be developing organizing strategies & tactics to build & engage communities of supporters in advocacy campaigns
- You will be developing communications & marketing plans to bring advocacy campaign messages & calls-to-action to target supporter audiences, both online & offline
- You will be producing advocacy campaign assets & tactics: from writing emails, mastering social media for good to organising a crazy stunt. Whatever it takes -- youll do it.
- You will be involved in the development of creative content including short viral films, website & digital experience & writing copy.
- You will be working in partnership with a diverse range of groups from grassroots activists, media & some of the worlds biggest institutions.
If these are things that get you out of the bed in the morning we want to hear from you:
- Thinking about how to make the world a better place.
- Asking who holds the power, & how to move people to action
- How to tell stories that stop the heart & move the mind
- The internet. What works on it, why & how you can create the next viral hit.
- Why are the things you care about not on the homepage of the New York Times & how you get them there
- Interest & some experience in political advocacy, organizing, digital activism, public policy, or creative campaigns
- Proven ability to deliver creative campaigns that move people to action
- Ability to work under pressure & tight deadlines, & stay organized to get a campaign out the door
- Strong writing & communication skills
- Demonstrable strong analytical & strategic thinking & campaign planning skills
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture & a hierarchical team structure
- Youre a person of integrity, people enjoy working with you, & youre personally committed to progressive & humanitarian values
If these are the things that get you up in the morning, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume & a cover letter that gives us insight into your passion & qualifications for the role.
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of all ethnic backgrounds, women, LGBTQ individuals & people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.