As the most trusted platform for understanding online behaviour, millions of people rely on Similarweb insights daily as the ground truth for their knowledge of the digital world. We empower anyone from the curious individual to the enterprise business leader to make smarter decisions by understanding why things happen across the digital ecosystem.
An exciting opportunity for a talented Solution Engineer to be part of an experienced team that helps Sales Managers to close deals by providing an additional layer of value to our prospects.
Reporting to the Client Services Team Manager, NA (based in NYC), the Solution Engineer owns the value-focused (pre-sales) phase of the sales cycle, improving the win rate of the sales cycle to increase ARR of the business. You will have the opportunity to directly advise the biggest North American Big 6 & Independent agencies, with customers focused on consumer goods, travel, retail, finance & telecommunication companies, among others, on their digital strategy. SEs collaborate with multiple departments at Similarweb to help turn Similarwebs data into insights.
As a Solution Engineer for Agencies at Similarweb you will:
- Meet with prospects to understand pain points to provide scalable insights on behalf of the Sales organization
- Ongoing production & presentation of insights (decks, insight emails) in order to demonstrate the value of Similarweb to meet the prospects business needs
- Present insights in client meetings
- Run pre-sales initiatives (such as trials, outreach programs, etc.) in the NA market
- Contribute to global Solution Engineer strategy
- Contribute to Similarwebs Business Strategy:
- Feedback loop into Solutions (Similarwebs strategy arm) on product, positioning, go-to-market strategy & more.
- Flagging if specific work is reusable to the business to turn into white papers, blog posts, etc. by our Solutions team.
- Knowledge sharing use cases, client pain points & goals with Client Success Analysts, the post-sales Client Services value drivers
What does the ideal candidate look like:
- 2+ years of relevant client-facing skills: excellent communication & insights-based presentation skills (Experience producing high-quality client-facing materials)
- Excellent spoken & written English.
- Must: Digital Marketing experience: Strong understanding of key digital web metrics & various online marketing channels
- Important: Have experience across industries (eg: agencies, travel, retail, consumer finance, consumer electronics)- we will ask you about that.
- Important: Sales driven mindset when it comes to engaging & presenting to our prospects.
- Excellent problem solving & critical thinking skills
- Team player able to effectively interact with colleagues & business partners across the company
- Strong relationship building skills ability to quickly build rapport & establish trust
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while exercising sound judgment
- Self-motivated by results & driven toward excellence in everything that you do
- Comfortable working in a fast paced SaaS environment & the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Eagerness to learn & grow with a thriving company!
Its a plus if you have:
- Experience using Similarweb
- Presales/ Solution Engineer experience
- Proficient Excel skills
Why choose Similarweb?
We believe that building a great product & a great company starts with finding amazing people & helping them grow & develop professionally & personally. At Similarweb, youll be surrounded by innovative, passionate & creative people that are looking to drive real impact. We are proud to have over 800 talented & passionate professionals, & we strongly believe in winning together as a way of driving a successful business!
- Data-Driven: We believe data-driven decisions are the key to success & we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions & are committed to helping each other
- Excellence: Its in our nature; & we work hard to make a difference
Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company & a great product & it begins with valuing each & every member of our team
Bring your authentic self, DEI @ Similarweb
Similarweb is a global company that strives to create a workplace reflective of the communities we serve, where individuals are empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity & experience. We believe our culture of equality & mutual respect also helps us better understand & serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, & more digital every day.