Were looking for a temporary Editorial Assistant to join Thrillist within Group Nine Media! As a member of the Editorial team, youll be based in our New York office & report to one of our Editorial Directors. At Thrillist, Editorial Assistants are primarily responsible for conducting photo sourcing & outreach & building articles, as well as assisting editors with publishing, email builds, & various other editorial tasks. There will also be chances to write & to contribute creatively to the greater team. As a Thrillist EA, you will become part of a fast-growing editorial team thats producing engaging & informative lifestyle content, both in the written & video mediums. Youll help ensure we hit high-quality standards with everything we make, & youll be a big part of making sure our content goes out on deadline by helping to organize & coordinate between the editors, writers, & creative team.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Building ~10-15 articles & videos/day within the Thrillist CMS
- Performing photo sourcing & outreach while adhering to Thrillists editorial standards
- Liaising with the editors & the creative team to ensure all content meets Thrillists high editorial standards
- Occasional copy editing/publishing of content on an as-needed basis, with opportunities for semi-regular writing & editing assignments as you demonstrate the ability to do so
- Pitching & writing of engaging & informative stories
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Our ideal candidate is a strong writer that's obsessed with grammar, spelling, & punctuation; has a close eye for detail (especially when it comes to formatting & recognizing quality images) & experience working in CMS; is extremely organized; & excels in a fast-paced environment.
- Must meet deadlines & have strong prioritization & time management skills
- Excellent communicator with strong attention to detail
- CMS & web media experience
- An eye for good photography (sourcing experience highly preferred)
- Familiarity with major style guides also a plus
Thrillist is the #1 food, drink & travel brand for Gen Z & Millennials [source: Comscore Media Matrix & Plan Metrix, Q3 2020.] Thrillist serves as a guidebook for those that want new experiences & long to turn a good time into a great time. Our nonstop coverage of local culture inspires audiences to discover their world & celebrate every moment. In a serious world, we take fun seriously. In December 2016, Thrillist joined forces with NowThis, The Dodo, POPSUGAR & Seeker to form Group Nine Media -- a global top 10 publisher.
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.