WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Aprons engineering team creates software that manages the forecasting, purchasing, preparation, & shipment of new fresh ingredients every week. Were faced with complex supply chain & logistical challenges that require purpose-built solutions & data analysis.
As a Director of Engineering at Blue Apron, you are responsible for the ongoing evolution of our software architecture, mentoring other leaders, growing the team, & steering us towards a broader engineering vision.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Responsible for the evolving the team roadmap, technology, & architecture, leading brainstorming & planning sessions.
- Provide technical leadership & direction to the engineering team, providing career guidance & holding regular one-on-one sessions.
- Provide architectural guidance & direction to the engineering team, informed by business needs & industry-wide best practices
- Build a sense of team culture, & relationships with cross-functional teams across the company
- Headline visibility outside of engineering. Own projects of company-wide scope & impact, & reliably deliver on-time & at high quality.
- Act as subject matter expert on assigned products & their implementation
- Partner closely with recruiting to build out the team.
- Partner with other engineering teams, departments, & stakeholders to align on broader engineering & company initiatives.
- Identify, triage, & address issues or problems to proactively maintain or attain acceptable team performance metrics.
- Our stack: Ruby on Rails, Ember, Backbone, PostgreSQL
- Three or more years of managing an engineering team, preferably in an agile startup environment.
- Minimum 1 year of experience managing managers, preferably in an agile startup environment.
- Ten years of experience developing production web applications.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of conveying complex systems & logic to both technical & non-technical audiences.
- A thirst for learning & a passion for new technologies, processes & patterns.
- Experience working with large-scale distributed architecture is a plus.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science is preferred.