Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Were seeking an experienced open source engineer to not only help build & support Mailchimp's Open Commerce project but to help foster the community around the project. You can expect to develop new & existing features as well as review pull requests & issues from community members. You will collaborate with others to optimize our Open Commerce software & engage with the open source community in a number of ways.
You enjoy writing code & shipping features but you also enjoy teaching & helping others build things. You prefer using modern technologies to find simple solutions for complicated problems & you love to write everything down.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a strong knowledge of accessibility, performance & usability best practices
- You have extensive experience writing tests for user interfaces. This includes unit, integration & end to end testing using tools like Jest & Cypress
- You have experience working with GraphQL APIs
- You have experience working with OAuth / OpenID Connect
- You have experience using Docker & Docker Compose
- You have experience using a CI / CD workflow
- You have some experience with backend technologies like Node & MongoDB
- Youre comfortable working on a fully distributed team with team members based in different timezones
- You have strong written & verbal communication skills
- Youre comfortable interfacing with the open source community, answering questions, helping solve problems & taking feedback
What you'll do:
- Build new features for the Open Commerce software
- Maintain existing Open Commerce software by fixing bugs & creating new releases
- Interface with the open source community reviewing community created pull requests, triaging community issues, answering questions in chat channels & attending community council meetings
About Mailchimp Open Commerce
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn & are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight & views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade & within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F & R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), & generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.