We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent & human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service & healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
As Regulatory Counsel, you will be a key member of the Legal team responsible for providing leadership & guidance on regulation applicable to Oscars business. We currently operate in the individual market (both on-and off-exchange) in nine states, & the small group market in four states. We anticipate further geographic expansion & new product offerings.You should be comfortable in an ever changing environment as we continue to grow!
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
- Partner with various teams to provide strategic & legal guidance on a range of insurance regulatory matters, including state & federal Exchange requirements, ERISA claims requirements, benefits design & EHB, & Section 1557.
- Provide thought leadership on regulatory & industry developments, including the proactive identification & assessment of regulatory risks & the ongoing monitoring & tracking of relevant regulatory updates.
- Develop & maintain positive working relationships with teams & key stakeholders across Oscar.
- Design strategic and/or operational initiatives to comply with state & federal statutory & regulatory requirements.
- Support cross-training, problem-solving, & knowledge development across Oscar.
- Provide legal advice on new & existing policies & procedures to ensure Oscars compliance with applicable state & federal law.
- Partner & work collaboratively with federal & state regulators & government agencies.
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school with 3-5+ years of legal experience.
- Highly organized & detail-oriented; you always strive for perfection when writing formal documents.
- Ability to manage competing demands, shifting priorities & interests of multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership with strong work ethic & follow-through skills.
- Excellent leadership & communication skills to drive results across a wide range of stakeholders, from data scientists to sales executives to external consultants.
- Critical thinker who can distill complex concepts & regulatory requirements into easy to understand action items
- You get things done, even if its crunch time
- You have passion for healthcare & a knack for making processes more systematic
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.