Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. In our ever-changing ecosystem, Open Banking is introducing new competition to financial institutions in the battle for the consumer & merchant relationship. We are building a brand new technology platform that will drive the future of this area & enhance Visa's value as a payments network. Built on the latest standards/tech stack & providing open APIs & new modes of connectivity for data sharing, this platform will help drive innovation in the entire ecosystem.
We valuecreative & driven individualswho love toowntheir products, & design & implement solutions that create aseamless experiencefor consumers & clients. Our developers work across the stack, & are experts in service oriented architectures & technologies likeAngularJS, Java, Akka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Hazelcast, Kafka & Containers.
As we embark on the journey to build this new platform, we are looking for a Senior Staff Software Engineer who can lead the detailed design & development activities for this product build.
The role involves extensive hands-on activitiesincluding technical evaluation, architecture, design, documentation, development & test of the new platform & functionality.
Here are key job responsibilities -
- Define architecture; create solution documents; & do low level design, code, unit test for implementing the platform.
- Collaborate with business units & technical staff to define requirements & modifications.
- Evaluate technical options & provide recommendation on scope & scale of effort required to develop the end-to-end solution.
- Take ownership & lead the engineering responsibility for multiple components of the platform.
- Coordinate engineering activities across the delivery of the project & work with engineers to ensure they are delivering efficiently & to top quality standards.
- Lead & support both product & technical discussions about how to apply existing & new technology in support of the business.
- Provide technical mentoring to a team of talented engineers.
- Support & deliver resulting initiatives from business plan & technology strategy demonstrating re-use, architectural principles & use of innovative products.
- Build a culture of engineering excellence within the team; drive adoption of practices like continuous integration, automated code reviews, automated measurements of code quality, etc.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements & refinements to standards, processes & systems.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field required. Masters Degree or other advanced degree preferred.
- 12+ years of relevant experience with 3+ years of experience in technical leadership role.
- Strong understanding & working experience in Distributed Web Architecture - should have experience with service registry, container architecture, distributed caching, streaming apps, NoSQL & RDBMS.
- Hands-on understanding of architecture & operations of highly available & scalable web services.
- Expertise with the Java 8 platform or higher, Spring, Vertx, Akkaframework or similar.
- Experience in building Microservices, specifically with HTTP, REST, JSON andXML.
- Sound understanding of Service & IT operations management & DevOps model, good knowledge of deployment & capacity planning.
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Integrations using web services & REST.
- Understand the Security requirements, standards & contemporary trends in Security risks as well as technologies.
- Experience with agile development process.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.