Boxed is a rapidly growing ecommerce retailer built on the foundation of a world-class proprietary technology platform. With 7+ years of evolution, iteration, & successful disruption of the U.S. wholesale club industry, Boxed has developed a comprehensive tap-to-ship Ecommerce tech stack few other companies can boast. With Boxed, customers can have their household, pantry, & personal care essentials delivered to their home or office in 2 days or less with no membership fee. Our goal is to leverage our technology & data to deliver a superior shopping experience to our customers via our web & mobile app platforms.
Our office is a dynamic, collaborative family of individuals. At our core, we are a data-driven, customer-centric technology company, & data truly is at the center of everything we do. We are a vibrant, fun & close group of engineers, product managers, data scientists, analysts, & operations specialists with a passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers.
About the team
The Data Analytics & Strategy teams mission is to empower operators with accurate & actionable data, robust tools, & strategic insights to unlock value for the business. We believe in using data to inform every decision, & we work hard to ensure that every dollar invested is optimized to generate the best outcome for the company. This position will play a crucial role in revealing & enabling revenue growth, margin expansion, & maximization of the companys aggregate customer lifetime value. The team will also take an active role in driving performance & instilling a culture of transparency & accountability.
About the role
We are looking for a high performing Data Product Analyst to join our Data Analytics & Strategy team. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced & high-growth organization, & possess strong technical & quantitative capabilities with a natural ability to build relationships internally in order to structure & deliver superior strategic insights in a scalable manner. This opportunity has strong upside & the ability to expand along with the companys growth. This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Analytics.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work with the cross-functional Data team, inclusive of Product Managers, Data Scientists, & Data Engineers to support the advancement of Boxeds analytics engineering framework including scoping of new data models, rigorous documentation of data models & schemas, & standardization of processes & workflows throughout the broader data organization
- Leverage SQL, DBT, GitHub & other tools to build upon Boxeds analytics capabilities in our centralized data warehouse, including: advanced data modeling, standardized views & dashboards, automated reporting, & ad-hoc analytics requests
- Partner with cross-functional teams such as Marketing/Product/Merchandising/Operations & Customer Service to deliver standardized, automated, & actionable insights via business intelligence tools
- Analyze results of A/B tests across the platform leveraging proprietary tools, SQL, & statistical models & synthesize clear recommendations for business unit owners
- Act as a strategic thought partner for cross-functional teams to both generate & evaluate the viability/impact of new tests & initiatives
- Support migration of Boxed data warehouse from Redshift to Snowflake
- Assist with development & maintenance of the data analytics & Business Intelligence capabilities, systems & processes including RFP processes for new tools & upgrades to existing tools (both 3rd party & proprietary)
- 3-5 years of experience in a quantitative, analytically focused role in analytics, data science, or operations; experience in Ecommerce and/or tech-enabled services preferred; experience in start-ups or growth stage businesses a plus
- BS/BA degree in data analysis, analytics, data science, economics, mathematics, finance, engineering or a related discipline strongly preferred
- Demonstrated fluency in SQL, relational databases, data modeling tools (e.g. DBT), data warehouses (e.g. Redshift, Snowflake), GitHub, business intelligence tools (e.g. Periscope, Domo, Looker, Tableau), & 3rd party data analytics providers (Google Analytics, Segment, Branch etc.)
- Familiarity with Python, Command Line, & statistical programming (R, SAS, Stata), regression modeling and/or predictive modeling a plus
- Advanced skills with Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience applying advanced analytical frameworks to inform business strategy & drive superior results
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, including the ability to present information & interact effectively across all levels of the organization
- Sound business judgment; high level of organization with ability to manage multiple projects; track record of taking ownership in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
Benefits & Perks
- Working with smart, intellectually curious & generally awesome people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits