Moda Operandi is looking for a dynamic Payroll Manager to manage payroll, compliance, & benefits for 200+ domestic & international employees. Working within our finance department, the Payroll Manager will also work closely with our People Team.
This position is responsible for the effective administration of a variety of functions within the HR operation. Specifically, the responsibility involves all functional duties of the companys employee benefits programs, deployment, & administration of new plan offerings & initiatives, & complete governance of maintenance processes in the HRIS system. The Specialist will also serve as a strategic partner to store HR teams ensuring excellence in employee experience with all benefits plan offerings.
The ideal candidate has experience managing domestic & international payroll within fast-paced, high growth organizations; & interfacing with a number of internal & external stakeholders. We are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about their work, & is comfortable working remotely.
What Youll Do:
- Perform work related to determining pay, maintaining payroll records, analyzing pay data, & producing related pay reports.
- Perform special surveys and/or audits of pay, time & leave matters.
- Respond to written & verbal inquiries from various offices, both federal & non-federal.
- Counsel or advise individual employees within a large, complex, or diverse organization.
- Provide managers & employees with information & interpretations of the agency's employee benefits administration, & other work life programs
- Oversees the administration of company benefits programs (e.g. health, life, long term disability, COBRA, flexible spending, 401(k), among others).
- Identifies opportunities to leverage resources & mitigate risks in the current administration processes of benefits enrollment, terminations, & changes in carrier portals.
- Maintains expert knowledge of benefits plans, programs, initiatives & current legislation (in partnership with legal) & communicates information to HR teams & company population accordingly.
- Governs the process for all types of leaves of absence (e.g. FMLA, Workers Compensation), unemployment, & background check programs & ensures compliance with state & federal regulations.
- Partners with senior leadership in the selection and/or modification of plan offerings.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all benefits vendors, maintaining an open dialogue strengthening partnerships.
- Administers the billing process with all vendors, ensuring accuracy & consistency in established processes.
- Interprets Collective Bargaining Agreements to ensure the terms of benefits plans agreed to by the Company & Board of Directors are adhered to.
- Serves as a subject-matter expert on all benefits offerings & practices for the company.
- Contributes to corporate initiatives & programs that have a potential universal impact, especially as they pertain to benefits.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience managing international & domestic payroll & employee benefits in a 200+ sized organization
- Proficient in ADP Workforce Now & HRIS systems (BambooHR is preferred) are required
- Experience with the following or comparable tools: Solium (equity management); Empower (401k); & Sequoia Tech (Benefits)
- Experience with international payroll systems including BlueMarble or Neeyamo are a plus
- Excellent collaboration & communications skills with the ability to influence business leaders & drive strategic HR & business objectives.
- Excellent computer skills in a Google environment. Must include advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, & PowerPoint.
- Strong written communication skills are essential to this position.
- Projects a professional image & acts as a positive representative of the HR function within the organization.
- Strong analytical & organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
About Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi is an e-commerce platform transforming the way people discover & shop for designer fashion. Through its innovative mix of commerce & content, Moda allows women & men to shop for whats new & whats next in designer fashion from the worlds leading emerging designers & luxury brands. Founded in 2010, Moda Operandi's mission is to make it easy for designers to grow their businesses & consumers to realize their personal style. Today, Modas platform carries more than 1,000 brands & designers across fashion, fine jewelry & home, ships to 125 countries, & has raised nearly $300M in funding from top-tier global investors.