Who we are:
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up.
We have grown on average by 50% year on year & are now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annual basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees & have offices worldwide.
You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the role:
The WorldRemit Technology team sits at the heart of the organisation & is critical to ensure continuing evolution of our infrastructure & facilitating design & execution of product features & capabilities both to better serve our customers & to stay on the forefront of innovation. The Technology Team at WorldRemit is (currently) a 160-strong organisation, which includes software engineering, information security, corporate IT & our cloud platform infrastructure.
This newly created role reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), with the role & the CTO both being based at our London HQ office. The role is aimed at designing & executing the required infrastructure to assist the CTO in managing operational functions for the global organisation.
The role will form a critical part of the Technology Leadership Team & will require someone with proven experience in managing an executive office, designing & implementing efficient processes, compiling executive level presentations & driving/influencing decisions with stakeholders.
- Develop, maintain & deliver reports on technology team delivery, including KPIs on delivery & on-going efficiency
- Establish & maintain technology team delivery tracking, communicating information, & challenging team delivery
- Establish, track & drive efficiency in supplier management processes
- Act as the Business Planner for the Global Technology Department, including:
- Support Heads of Department to complete financial processes, such as budgeting, invoicing, receipting & expense submissions
- Building & managing processes to ensure all department spend is in line with approved budget (e.g. Global T&E, new vendors, etc)
- Work with Heads of Departments to understand Actual results & consolidate risks & opportunities to budget for review with the CTO
- Work closely with Finance Business Partner to optimise P&L & track spend vs budget
- Provide a consistent link with our Finance & Legal departments to ensure review & approval of all new supplier contracts in line with Budget & Legal requirements
- Assist in coordination of content for Regional & Global team meetings, & actions around Employee Survey results
- Performance Management Assist in coordination of team performance & rating alignment
What we are looking for:
- A proven background in IT delivery or planning roles, with an interest in technology & Fintech
- Excellent relationship management skills that enable you to work with multiple internal & external stakeholders
- The ability to effectively drive change in a dynamic environment across multi-functional teams
- A creative thinker with a broad understanding of the needs of technologists & senior leadership
- A passion for great customer experience & the customer perception of WorldRemit
- The ability to manage budgets, budgeting processes, & budget reporting
- Business manager experience preferred