The Member Experience mission at WeWork delivers experiences that create intelligent spaces & connected, consciously-engineered communities to make people happier & more productive at work. We build products to foster a sense of community in our digital & physical spaces, enable increased productivity for our members, & evolve the ways in which members connect within the community.
As a Senior Data Scientist in the Member Experience mission focused on quantitative research, you will help to develop a deep systematic understanding of the social & professional needs of WeWork members, uncover insights around the drivers of member satisfaction, & craft narratives that influence the direction of our mission.
As part of a cross-functional team, you will work closely with product leadership, business stakeholders & product data scientists to design & execute on research that identifies strategic opportunities to create new products & services for WeWork members.
Who you are:
- You are a creative & independent thinker
- You are capable of tackling loosely defined problems & translating complex thinking into practical insights & strategic applications
- You have the ability to scope longer-term research projects into smaller components that deliver actionable intermediate results
- You enjoy collaborating with product managers, data engineers & other data scientists
- You enjoy telling a compelling story with data
- You are passionate about democratizing data access & discovery
- You are motivated by a fast-paced work environment
- Gather insights about WeWork members through quantitative research methods, & interpret them through the lenses of product development, social science & user experience
- Develop a quantitative research agenda centered around understanding WeWork members behaviors at work, their needs (both social & professional), & their routines in the workplace
- Partner with product teams to evolve, analyze & oversee member feedback touchpoints embedded in our products
- Be a thought leader on best practices for incorporating quantitative research into the product development cycle, & proactively share your research with internal & external research communities
- Work closely with product leadership & business stakeholders to inform strategic priorities based on your insights
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop scalable solutions to make WeWork member data accessible in a programmatic way to the rest of the organization
- You have 8+ years of experience in quantitative research or data science
- You have 2+ years of recent experience in product development
- You are an expert at planning, scoping & executing cross-functional quantitative research programs
- You have experience crafting strategic narratives & enjoy communicating the impact of your work to a wide range of audiences
- You have deep expertise in a wide range of quantitative research methods, including inferential methods, statistical modeling, regression & clustering
- You have expertise in survey research, including design, distribution, & analysis
- Familiarity with qualitative research methods, including focus groups, case studies & user interviews; & complementing qualitative methods with quantitative ones
- You are proficient in R or Python for data analysis
Nice To Have
- M.S. or Ph.D. in a quantitative social, computational or behavioral science
- Experience in NLP, network analysis, econometrics, product analytics, data visualization or information design
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data & technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster & smarter, & ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings.
Our state of the art technologies & dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.