BlaBlaCar's vision is to bring fairness, freedom & fraternity to the world of travel.
BlaBlaCar was created in 2006 with one dream in mind: fill the millions of empty seats on the road to create an efficient, affordable & friendly way to travel. Today, our global, trusted community counts 75 million members in 22 countries, enabling a smarter, large scale & truly sustainable transport network.
Born from a simple idea of people sharing their rides, BlaBlaCar's ambition is to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility. We offer long distance carpooling service, a commuting carpooling service, & since 2018 a marketplace bus service too. A filled bus emits one third of the emissions per passenger kilometer as an average car. So we want to fill those seats too!
In 2018, 84 million travellers used BlaBlaCar globally saving 1.6 million tons of CO2. Meanwhile we enabled human connections, bringing people closer together in more ways than one with 87% of members say that carpooling is an enriching experience.
BlaBlaCar offers a truly & unique international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices in Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), So Paulo, Warsaw. English is the official spoken language across BlaBlaCar. We are privately-held & founder-led. Our team of 500 employees is entrepreneurial, passionate, & fundamentally mission-driven.
Why join us?
Employee Experience & Engagement in the Company's strategy & values is very important for BlaBlaCar. As Communications, Culture & Engagement Officer, you will be joining the People Team, a team whose mission is to make BlaBlaCar an amazing place to work.
BlaBlaCar is growing at a fast pace internationally & the Culture & Engagement Officer role sits within the HR function at this exciting time of change management.
What you will directly contribute to:
- Managing range of company events to boost team-spirit, information sharing & connectedness : local & international
- Owning the employee onboarding experience & processes
- Planning & delivering internal communications strategy
- Bringing to life our culture, values & principles through weekly company-wide All-Hands, Q&As, presentations & public speaking support
- Planning & managing ongoing internal initiatives to keep our employees engaged & connected
- Manage suppliers compliant with our high sustainability standards
A few practical details about the role:
- Start: 1 April 2020
- Location: Paris HQ
- Contract: Fixed-term contract (CDD) Maternity Cover for 1 year.
- Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees
- The opportunity to have a meaningful impact, building a CO2-saving global travel network enabling strong human connections too
- A strong Fun & Serious company culture
- State-of-the-art office spaces, in a great location
- A start-up spirit grounded in agility & teamwork
- Bi-Weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn from each other
- Weekly Tech Demos, so that we're all up to date with where our product stands
- Free carpooling to live our value Be The Member.
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below. You may upload your resume in French or English, in PDF format. You will have to answer a few questions in French.
We will review your application within the next two weeks. If your profile fits our requirements, we will invite you for various interviews with our Engagement Team.
Please note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team & that all your information will be kept confidential.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.