BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
We are looking for a Human Resources Business Partner to join our People team in. This person will provide HR support to BuzzFeeds Revenue/Business organization & Complex Networks.
As an HR Business Partner you use your understanding of the business to help our managers & leaders with complex challenges & give guidance on People topics. You will also be very hands-on & work directly with colleagues to get things done on a variety of people-related areas including programs such as compensation, performance & talent & organizational effectiveness.
- Offer expert HR guidance to managers & leaders in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, compensation & rewards, employee relations, & learning & development.
- Provide thought leadership regarding organizational & people-related strategy & execution.
- Use data insights to guide decision making & provide proactive solutions.
- Collaborate with other People team members, leading & executing processes that allow for seamless employee development & People programs
- In partnership with finance & business leadership, maintain employee headcount & assist with metrics reporting
- Complete administrative tasks related to the execution of local HR management including HRIS system updates, maintaining personnel files, etc when needed.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Prior experience advising clients on HR matters, including the investigation & resolution of complex employee relations matters
- Experience providing HR support for editorial, sales, marketing & creative functions is highly desired.
- Must have strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- A self starter who takes initiative & ownership of projects
- Excellent communicator who builds rapport & credibility with others easily
- Team player who thrives in a fast paced & frequently changing environment
- Solid understanding of US employment law & disciplinary processes & demonstrates strong HR sensibility & critical thinking
- Experience supporting a revenue or Sales client group is a plus.
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.