About the right team member:
Youre a driven self-starter that is passionate about change. You always rise to a challenge & are creative in your problem solving, focused on finding the best solutions. You're excited to join a new & growing team with big goals to drive major change in the retirement plan market.This position will be based in NYC reporting to the Head of Sales & focused on generating new business through institutional-level sales to the C-Suite representing Betterment for Business 401ks solutions.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Meet & exceed revenue goals by intelligently leading & managing the sales activities to targeted prospects within your territory
- Practice thoughtful discovery, understand prospects compelling events, critical success factors, buying & decision criteria
- Articulate the path to closure & key tactical steps for each account, from prospecting to closing to onboarding
- Work closely with relationship management partners to ensure smooth & successful client on-boarding
- Ensure effective & consistent use of Salesforce to accurately track selling & buying activities, pipeline velocity, client interaction & feedback & forecasting of results
- Possess an attitude of collaboration & relationship-building both within & outside of the company
- Provide the voice of the client & industry to marketing & product management to drive go-to-market activities & product development roadmap
- Be a recognized presence in industry associations, with a focus on continual learning of industry drivers & trends
You will be effective if you have:
- Eight to ten years of client-facing experience within the plan sponsor marketplace
- Prior experience selling 401k solutions is highly valued
- Stellar sales track record of exceeding revenue targets as well as a willingness to be hands-on & build long-term client relationships
- Strong initiative & flexibility, excellent long-range planning, effective organization & time-management skills are all essential for success in this role
- Excellent verbal & written interpersonal skills are necessary, as is the ability to deliver professional & persuasive presentations
- Proficiency in Salesforce, GSuite, Microsoft Office
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $17 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 400,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws.We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.