Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are looking for an engineer to help us build & support Mailchimp products. You can expect to work collaboratively on a team with designers, analysts, researchers, & other engineers to build great, friendly experiences for our customers.
Our ideal candidate is a full-stack engineer with a deep & applied knowledge of front-end fundamentals (HTML, CSS, JS/ES), a nuanced understanding of browser behavior & interactions, & some experience working in backend development.
At Mailchimp, we value learning, collaboration & clarity. Youll find success here if you enjoy writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping: you are a welcoming contributor who knows how to communicate with your team in order to provide great software. You've broken production environmentsand then buckled down & fixed them!
Were excited to be adding to our teams in our Mailchimp Brooklyn office. This is an opportunity to contribute to forming a strong culture in a growing satellite office. You should be comfortable with distributed teams (as youll work with many folks in other locations), & also excited about building a strong, inclusive environment for everyone who joins after you.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a software development environment, preferably building & maintaining distributed applications professionally.
- You have depth of experience in at least one modern front-end framework & can speak to its benefits (React, Vue, AngularJS, etc.)
- You have some experience in backend development (such as PHP, Python, etc.)enough that you can smoothly navigate the workings of a web application even if backend development is not your focus.
- Youre comfortable collaborating closely with product managers & designers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your teams roadmap
- Youre a thoughtful communicatorthis team is partially distributed so effective written communication is key
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you
- You embrace & demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, & independence
What you'll do:
- Develop new & enhance existing features as well as investigate & resolve defects within Mailchimps Audience Management team
- Adhere to (and help improve) internal coding standards, development processes, & design best practices
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing & leveraging peer reviews for your work & the work of cross functional teams
- Help scope, estimate, & prioritize work
- Share your knowledge with teammates through code review, office hours, Tech Talks, & other avenues
- Write & maintain clean, maintainable, & well-tested code for the future (and present) of the Mailchimp application
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn & are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight & views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade & within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F & R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), & generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.