ABOUT THE ROLE
The CRM & Governance team at Peloton is responsible for analytics, segmentation, testing, & predictive modeling to accelerate & optimize Connected Fitness membership growth across all owned marketing channels.
The Senior Data Scientist will partner with our Lifecycle Marketing team to engage our leads & members in impactful & meaningful ways, & play a critical part in advancing our capabilities to personalize lifecycle communication & ultimately drive incremental sales & subscribers across our Connected Fitness portfolio. The ideal candidate combines best-in-class analytical/modeling skills & an outstanding eye for business to own the application of customer models, experimental design, & best-in-class measurement tools across our marketing teams.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Deploy advanced data models that will improve our segmentation, personalization, & targeting capabilities to drive incremental performance in our lifecycle channels
- Build up customer segmentation capabilities in CRM channels to personalize customer communication journeys across lifecycle channels
- Lead experimental design for A/B & multivariate tests in lifecycle channels to optimize engagement & conversion
- Partner with Lifecycle Marketing on measurement of channel reporting & incremental performance to understand & optimize email campaigns
- Perform deep-dive analyses & communicate channel findings & useful insights across business partners
- Design & maintain CRM data infrastructure with the Analytics Engineering team by translating business requirements from partners to data models that will enable reporting, dashboards, & segmentation through our CDP to appropriate CRM channels
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 5+ years of analytics experience, with a strong grasp of measurement, modeling, & testing techniques. Extensive knowledge in CRM, Lifecycle marketing functions, e-commerce, & lifecycle channel measurement critical metrics preferred.
- Expertise in SQL & working with structured & unstructured data-sets, as well as data visualization technologies such as Looker or Tableau
- Working knowledge of a scripting language (e.g. Python, R) & experience operationalizing sophisticated data models (regression, segmentation, clustering, & other predictive or machine learning models) from exploration, modeling, testing to performance evaluation
- Experience designing & analyzing A/B testing & lifecycle marketing experiments
- Expertise in data transformation, ETL, & data pipelining
- Excellent communication skills presenting to & influencing cross-functional leaders, especially through distilling technical matters into clear & concise explanations
- Operational experience with CRM tools such as Customer Data Platforms (CDP) & email service providers (ESP) is a plus
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.