BuzzFeed Torontois looking for a shopping & products-focused editor for a full-time position in our London office. BuzzFeed's shopping section is an expanding editorial endeavor that includes both service-oriented & entertaining content for a shopping-minded audience (see our Shopping & Reviews pages for examples).
The ideal candidate is an experienced & conversational writer with experience managing & editing a team of writers. SEO experience is a plus. You will help our audience discover great products through fun & informative formats, from thoughtful & in-depth product reviews to themed roundups & more. If you're the type of person who's constantly discovering bizarre kitchen gadgets, coupon codes, or interesting stores & sending links to your friends until they beg you to stop, we'd love to hear from you! This role is specific to strong writing candidates with additional experience editing or managing a small team of staff or freelancers.
- Research products in various categories & price points that are of interest to the BuzzFeed UK audience.
- Write & edit shareable, unique product roundups as well as SEO-friendly shopping guides & reviews.
- Track & analyze your posts' site traffic & affiliate analytics.
- Manage a freelance network and/or small team composed of other shopping/product writers.
- 2+ years experience managing and/or editing a small team of staff or freelancers
- Previous experience editing & writing for a magazine or website, or exemplary blogging/writing experience about consumer products
- Strong attention to detail
- Flawless spelling, grammar, & usage in your writing
- A positive, curious, playful disposition with a sense of humor
- Genuine love for the internet & online shopping
- Strong understanding of the BuzzFeed audience & voice
- Previous affiliate experience a big plus
FYI just because you dont meet every requirement doesnt mean we dont want to hear from you. If you think youd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
- In lieu of a traditional cover letter, please include a response to the following with your application:
- Discuss your shopping habits (for example: what do you always buy in-store vs. online, how do you find a good deal, what ~special tricks~ do you use that most people dont know about, etc.).
- Tell us about a couple of products that youre obsessed with.
- Include links to any relevant previous work, social media profiles, or portfolios.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1600 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We fuse hard work & fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, & humble confidence. As an employee, youll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, & no work on your birthday! But most importantly, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.