About the Job
Jet is seeking a site Director for our Fulfillment Center (FC) in Bronx, NY. As a site Director, you are responsible for ensuringsmooth day to dayoperation of a single or multiple departments within the Fulfillment Center. This position requires excellent communication skills, leadership, persistence, & the ability to motivate your team. You will be responsible for managing & developing a large team of managers & associates.
- Leadership of large teams (200+ associates) or specific business units within the FC
- Hire, coach, mentor,and manage performance ofassociatesIdentify & drive opportunities for continuous improvement in safety, quality, service & productivity
- Identify & drive opportunities for continuous improvement in safety, quality, service & productivity
- Assist in workforce planning & strategy for the Fulfillment Center
- Escalate issues to appropriate department heads or teams
- Collaborate with support staff (Talent, Finance, Facilities, Safety, IT & other) to build & secure support & resources for projects & initiatives in their area, as well as providing needed support & resources for other staff initiatives
- 7+ years of Operations, Fulfillment or Distribution experience managing large teams of salaried & hourly staff (up to 200 employees or more)
- Strong experience with creating performance metrics & process improvements
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field; Graduate Degree is a plus.
- Strong leader that creates a positive & high performing team through open communication & empowerment
- A natural focus on business results & creating clear goals & deliverables that are aligned with Jets growth strategies
- Can work in an ambiguous environment, remove obstacles, & drive persistence & innovation
- Acts as a mentor & coach to their team & focuses on everyday development
- Builds a sense of shared ownership & accountability
- Jets mission is to become the smartest way to shop & save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology & fulfillment platform, & incredible customer service, weve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, were passionate about empowering people to live & work brilliant.
About Jets Internal Engine
- Were building a new kind of company, & were building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, & retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, & fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether were dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success & we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If youre an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, & innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, wed love to talk to you about joining our team.