Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa is seeking an exceptional individual to lead our analyst relations program & drive increased awareness, knowledge, understanding & positive coverage of Visa's CyberSource & Authorize.Net business lines amongst key industry analysts & consultants. This role will play apivotal role in managing & growing relationships within the payments & fraud industry to ensure more overall coverage of CyberSource in relevant research, & more positive coverage in competitive vendor reports such as Gartner, Forrester, Mercator & others.
The ideal candidate will have experience running analyst relations at a B2B payments company. This role requires a strong leader to manage relationships with key analysts & influential consultants to develop a constructive, consultative relationship between CyberSource & the analyst community. This individualwill take an organized & programmatic approach to the process in order to scaleoutreach but will also be nimble enough to customize the discussions & output as needed for each engagement. This individual should be comfortable presenting on our business, products & strategy in any engagement, & will also act as the key liaison for all meetings, connecting & preparing CyberSource executives & subject matter experts for discussions & presentations.
The candidate mustexcel at the fundamentals: bringing established relationships with leading industry analyst/consultant firms, & a proven track record of managing analyst relationships, strategic planning & execution of briefings, & growing coverage & favorable product evaluations performed byindustry firms. This role has extended reach into the less structured but highly influential consultant community, which requires a high touch approach to ensure CyberSource is always top of mind.
The best-suited candidate must be a persuasive, inspiring & clear communicator with high emotional intelligence & will possess a strong accomplishment record of building relationships across the payments industry. This role is based in the U.S., ideally San Francisco or Austin, & reports to the Vice President, Marketing.
- Manage & grow analyst relations program to influence key industry analysts in areas related to payments & fraud
Ensure influential consultants in the payments & fraud space are aware of the CyberSource offering & are engaging with us on the right opportunities
Manage executive participation in analyst interactions & build & improve the bench of spokespeople across the organization
Work with teams such as PR, product marketing, product management & vertical marketing to leverage industry analysts across both inbound & outbound activities
Oversee & manage all ongoing contracts with industry analyst/consultant firms
Participate with other senior management to establish strategic plans & objectives surrounding outreach to industry analysts
Interact with & support the business, solution management, field marketing, solution/partner marketing, field sales, other comms functions, globally & with specific regions as needed
Drive the execution of proactive product inbound/outbound communications to generate strategic engagement & advice with/from the analyst community
Generate Analyst Relations content, including briefing documents, messaging, competitive positioning, rebuttals & responses to crises & issues
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 7+ years experience managing analyst/consultant relations programs
- Experience building & running a B2B program that resulted in broader coverage & improved positioning & engagement with the analyst community
- Success identifying relevant upcoming analyst reports & influenced messaging or inclusion of vendors
- Proactively tracked, analyzed, & distributed analyst reports internally; pulling key messages to support company storylines
- Previous experience in and/or knowledge of the payments industry preferred. Familiarity with eCommerce operations & fraud management would be a plus.
- Outstanding story-telling & communications skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent & proven planning & project management skills
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 20% of the time.