WHO ARE WE:
The Accounting team is made up of smart, driven, dog-loving accountants who handle the core accounting responsibilities at BARK. These include closing the general ledger monthly & producing GAAP Financials. As a member of the accounting team, you'll take ownership & become an expert in your accounting area, understanding the process end to end. You'll encounter daily challenges that will sharpen your problem solving skills & tap into your creativity in order to help the team become more efficient & effective. We are a very collaborative team, working cross-functionally across BARK. What we take seriously: having fun, working hard, & playing with dogs (obviously).
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
We are seeking a tech-savvy, process-driven Senior Accountant with significant COGS & inventory accounting experience to help transform cumbersome tasks into easily managed workflows. The successful candidate will be an independent problem-solver who enjoys sifting through numbers & understands the complexities of an inventory-based business. This candidate is detailed oriented, has strong time management skills & has a proven record of success working in a fast-paced, evolving environment. The candidate is a team player & always willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Reconcile inventory on a monthly basis across multiple warehouses
- Book monthly expense allocations across the different classes & product lines
- Work closely with Lead Inventory Accountant to establish inventory policies & procedures along with enforcing & updating those policies as needed
- Assist with the monthly financial close, including entering journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, & maintaining supporting schedules.
- Assist with year-end audit, including compiling requested information & preparation of various analysis reports
- Work closely with cross functional teams such as purchasing, fulfilment, logistics, finance & enterprise system teams.
- Assist with ad hoc projects, as needed
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Big 4 public accounting, private industry or both
- Experience working with NetSuite, a plus
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: BS accounting preferred;
- Strong understanding of GAAP, CPA a plus
- Strong accounting & analytical skills
- Strong computer skills: Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills
- Detail oriented & ability to multitask
This position is a full-time salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.