What We Are Looking For:
The Director of Finance & Strategy will be responsible for managing our strategic finance initiatives across financial operations, corporate development, strategic financial analysis, & corporate strategy. The role will report to our CFO & will work closely with all leadership across the organization. Successful candidates will be ambitious, energetic, analytical self-starters, with strong leadership skills. The ability to support critical decision-making with either fast back-of-the-envelope analyses or more robust intensive evaluations will be key in this role. The role will involve cross-functional collaboration, white-boarding & brainstorming through complex issues, & the development of robust financial analyses to help guide decision-making across the organization. Candidates will have the judgement & maturity to communicate proactively around challenges, & key decisions, & will be skilled at managing competing priorities. Most importantly, ideal candidates will be excited to get their hands dirty across a wide range of projects because they believe in the company vision, & want to be a part of the fun & challenge of steering Daily Harvest through its next chapter of growth.
- Partner cross-functionally to encourage & instill ROI-driven decision making across the organization
- Lead weekly KPI meetings with key stakeholders across the org to discuss progress against performance goals, identifying company strengths & opportunities
- Solve complex business problems cross-functionally through the use of analytics & business judgment in partnering with stakeholders in other areas of the organization to drive effective decision-making
- Support the structuring of key business development & supply chain arrangements
- Lead the companys short & long term operational & financial forecasting including development of DHs annual budget & ongoing forecasting
- Support in capital raising activities leading all due diligence efforts
- Evaluate & size various markets to inform business expansion opportunities
- Evaluate & support on a wide range of business opportunities including M&A, investments & other strategic options
- 7+ years of experience including investment banking or private equity with 1+ years at a fast-growing company
- Superior analytical skills & financial modeling capabilities
- Exceptional project & people management skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask & prioritize diverse tasks with a proven ability to meet hard deadlines
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving & constantly evolving high growth environment
- An office freezer full of smoothies, soups, overnight oats, chia puddings, harvest bowls, & lattes
- A casual, dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation days with a get your work done policy that respects your time
- Lots of responsibility
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, & Refinery29, & garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, & Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.