* This is a full-time summer internship in New York City. Latch is unable to provide summer housing or a relocation stipend for summer interns. Additionally, interns must be able to commit to working full-time over the summer, 40 hours/week. *
Latch is hiring a Data Science Intern for our Data Team to be an integral part of covering Latchs data strategy & analysis. As a Data Science intern here at Latch, youll be helping to cover all aspects of Latchs data strategy including analysis, engineering, & science. Youll interact with our Data Engineers infrastructure tools, & analyze the data for use across Latch.
The engineering team works in a fast-paced & highly-challenging environment, which means that as an intern at Latch, youll be given real projects that greatly impact the future of the company.
Smart access isnt about locking doors, its about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the worlds first fully-integrated hardware & software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. Were looking for the curious & the creative to join our team & help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Understand the data gathered across the entire Latch organization
- Analyze the data & extract insights
- Transform raw data into meaningful sets that are query-able & visualizable.
- Collaborate with other teams in the company, both engineering & business counterparts alike
- Work closely with our Data Engineers to extract data from their production-ready, scalable, & high-performance systems
- Create & train models for predictions, forecasts, classification, fuzzy matching, & more
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Math, or Statistics from an accredited university (preference for those graduating Winter 2020 or Spring 2021)
- Proficient in Python, R, or Scala
- Familiarity with SQL
- Familiarity with statistics
- Familiarity with machine learning models for supervised & unsupervised learning
- Familiarity with notebook tools (Jupyter, Zeppelin, or Databricks) a plus
- Fundamental understanding of algorithms & data structures
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, & share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents & property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self-starters with unique backgrounds & unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards & Penn Station in New York City. Interns will have the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, & fast-paced office environment. Come grow with us.