OTC Markets Group, operator of premier US financial marketplaces, is seeking a seasoned administrative professional to aid in our daily operations in a part time capacity. The schedule will consist of 20-25 hrs/week with some degree of flexibility on a week by week basis.
The Reception/Event Coordinator is responsible for keeping our office presentable & running, Our clients include domestic & international companies, both public & private. This is a good opportunity for passionate, dedicated individual who is comfortable multi-tasking & building relationships across the organization.
OTC Markets is proud to be named on Crain's 2018 Best Places to Work in NYC. Our newly redesigned headquarters foster an open & collaborative environment for employees & clients, utilizing more than 33,000 square feet of space. Our office is located in Brookfield Place, in the heart of the financial district, surrounded by Hudson River Park & home to luxury retail & dining establishments, featuring extensive public space & world-class amenities.
We are committed to building a company where highly talented, creative people thrive. Our Core Values are incorporated in each aspect of our Company. We encourage autonomy, professionally passionate discussions of opposing viewpoints, creativity & transparency. We all win together.
OTC Markets invests heavily in employee satisfaction & offers all of our employees a highly competitive compensation package. As a dynamic, growing company that fosters an open culture, we emphasize autonomy, responsibility, innovation & self-discipline. We are looking for someone who wants to make an impressive impact at a company known for its reputation on quality & achievement.
Our successful candidate is able to demonstrate:
- Interest & passion for event planning
- Responsible for liaising with vendors, caters, event staff
- Proactive, self-starter someone who is willing to own key projects & finds ways to contribute
- Professional demeanor that makes our clients feel welcome
- Ability to work flexible hours as events hosted in our Market Center often call for early start times and/or evening hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Researching vendors, placing orders & accepting deliveries
- Organizing logistics & coordinating the event day schedule with our clients & vendors
- Set up & break down, before & after events
- Coordinating with Building Security to manage access to our space
- Partnering with our Sales team to facilitate & host successful events
- Be the face of our company while at the reception desk (greet & accommodate arriving guests)
- Restocking the office pantry & refrigerators (utilizing a hand truck & ability to lift grocery boxes is necessary)
- Marketing/Sales - assistance with mailers & events
- Experience in the corporate setting as an executive assistant, receptionist, event assistant
Please note, we will neither sponsor nor relocate an individual for this position.
OTC Markets Group (OTCQX: OTCM) operates Open, Transparent & Connected financial markets for 10,000 U.S. & global securities. Through our OTC Link ATS, we directly link a diverse network of broker-dealers that provide liquidity & execution services for a wide spectrum of securities. We organize these securities into markets to inform investors of opportunities & risks: the OTCQX Best Market; the OTCQB Venture Market; & the OTC Pink Open Market. Our data-driven platform enables investors to easily trade through the broker of their choice at the best possible price & empowers a broad range of companies to improve the quality & availability of information for their investors. To learn more about how we create better informed & more efficient financial markets, visit www.otcmarkets.com.
OTC Link ATS is operated by OTC Link, member FINRA/SIPC & SEC regulated ATS.
Come as you are & just be you. We are an equal opportunity & e-verify employer & prohibit discrimination & harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, & individual qualifications, without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, political belief, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information, family or parental status, gender identity, pregnancy, including childbirth or related medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We encourage applicants of all ages & backgrounds.
Please no calls or 3rd party recruiter submissions.
Applicants have rights under the federal law:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
Polygraph Protection Act