SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
As Human Resources Coordinator at our Starlink site in Redmond, WA, you will be responsible for supporting a diverse employee population with crucial services for the full employee life-cycle. This position will assist with employee onboarding, HRIS administration, & partnering with the HR team to implement both local & company-wide programs. Success in this role requires superior internal & external customer service, attention to detail, & ability to thrive in a fast-paced & constantly changing environment.
- Maintain our HRIS for all employee life-cycle processes
- Respond to employee inquiries, questions & concerns
- Provide information, guidance & direction on HR policies, programs, & processes to employees & managers
- Serve as the onboarding point of contact for the new hire program & support new employees transition into SpaceX
- Ensure employee electronic files are accurate & updated, & assist with HR reporting & audit requests
- Assist with the creation of, documentation, & implementation of human resources policies, programs, & processes
- Respond to initial unemployment claims & employment verifications
- Provide support to the Starlink HR team & deliver core HR services to the workforce
- Assist HR team in identifying department needs, recommending changes, & implementing improvements
- Facilitate site-wide events, such as benefits fairs, volunteer efforts, & team celebrations
- Support the recruitment team with staffing-related support activities
- Maintain standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters & documents
- Bachelors degree
- 1+ years of intern or professional experience in a customer service, administrative, or human resources role
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated excellence thriving in a fast-paced environment & embracing change
- Experience using Workday, Greenhouse, & UltiPro
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Experience in an HR operations capacity
- Basic understanding of labor laws & an interest in keeping up on trends & updates in HR
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment & pitch in as needed
- Ability to work with employees & managers at all levels of the organization
- Customer service-oriented approach to all requests, with a focus on accuracy & timeliness
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills
- Experience using PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, & Excel
- Position requires ability to work overtime when needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.