Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity.Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & thecommon purposethat unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers anuncommon opportunityto build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This role will be supporting the CEMEA Innovation Center & the Regional Solutions team:
- The CEMEA Innovation Center focuses on exploring new, innovative solutions for addressing payment related problems & opportunities. The team is working on prototyping solutions around mobile, AR/VR, IoT & more.
- The Regional Solutions Team focuses on building products that address: digitization of payments, financial inclusion & leveraging the latest technologies & trends for CEMEA (Central Europe, Middle East & Africa).
This role requires quick problem solving skills, logical thinking, & application of programming techniques to design, prototype, build, & maintain code. Deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals, data structures, & algorithms is a must. In addition to the technical skill set, the candidate will be a self-starter, results-driven, & equipped with excellent verbal & written communication skills.
The Sr. Software Engineer is an individual contributor role, & this developer will lead development of several projects. These projects will be instrumental in making an impact on Visa & the payments industry as a whole.
- You'll work with clientsand partners in the Regional Solutions & Innovation Center Teams to create, prototype, build,and scale new product concepts.
- You'll help our customersachieve their real goals by understanding their requirementsand how they respond to their business needs.
- You'll use technologies that include Java, REST,Android, React, Node.js, NoSQL, Dockerand more.
- You willanalyze business requirementsandarchitectasolution that is robustand scalablealong with providing technical documentation of solution.
- You have the workandacademic experience that will demonstrate proficiencyand ease with programming languages, code quality initiatives, scripting languagesand operating systems.
- You coachand mentor your team membersand help them grow professionally.
- You'll lead meetingand discussions with cross-functionaland non-technical teams.
- You have excellent communicationand interpersonal skillsandaboveall, youareateam player!
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering orarelated discipline
- Experience in UI frameworks suchas React/Angular/Backbone
- In-depth knowledge of datastructures implementationand optimization
- Expert level skills in multi-threading, concurrency,and error-handling
- Expert level skills in implementing design patterns (singleton, facade, factory, observer etc.)
- Experience building enterprise scale web services (RESTful),and their scalability, resiliency,andavailability
- Experience buildingapplication frameworks or reusable components
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-causeanalysis,application design,and implementing large components for enterprise projects
- Knowledge of HTTP Protocol, REST, XML, J2EE,AJAXaplus
- Experience of mobileapplication building on native Android/iOS isaplus
- Experience in building ODATAcompliant REST services
- Experience in working on cryptographyand Bluetooth based transmission protocols
- Experience in IoT, NFC, machine learning, NLP
- Experience in payments tech industry