Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, weve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $2B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 35 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And were not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, & others have invested over $85MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is growing rapidly & looking for a Director, FP&A to partner with our Vice President, Financial Strategy & Investor Relations to provide overall leadership to the team & plan, coordinate & manage the financial planning processes which includes priority setting & ensuring the timeliness, accuracy & integrity of financial plans & analysis of variance. This is a highly visible & key role in providing critical financial & strategic consultation to leaders across the organization. This position will design & drive financial planning processes; quarterly & annual budgets, rolling forecasts, & long-term planning. This role is also responsible for delivering analytics & business support to enable informed decision making by executive staff, as well as presentation materials to be shared with senior leaders & external audiences.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead Betters long-range, quarterly, annual & monthly forecasting process, including the development of corporate targets & analysis of variances
- Establish & execute a robust budget & forecast process through working with key operators across the firm
- Continuously update, analyze & improve the financial model driving Betters forecasts
- Build out dashboards & scalable reports to monitor & review business results & KPIs, including analysis of trends & variances to budgeted results
- Understand & highlight key performance indicators & drivers of change within the financial results & present findings across the firm
- Assist in the creation & review of presentations & financial analyses presented to senior management, board of directors & investors; participate in meetings & calls with these audiences
- Participate in cross-functional teams to evaluate strategic initiatives & associated financial impacts & help to incorporate into financial plans
- Create & enhance documentation of all FP&A processes & ensure the FP&A team has the appropriate tools & technology in place to support its mission
- Assist with ad-hoc analyses & strategic projects determined by the needs of executive team
- Engage with & build communication across teams
- You have 6+ years of professional experience in FP&A
- You have a high proficiency in financial analysis methods & concepts & strong ability to prepare forecasts & perform variance & other analyses
- You have strong financial modeling & presentation deck development skills
- You have excellent communication & relationship-building skills
- You are leadership minded, highly adaptable, & able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
- You are able to think creatively on a macro & micro level
- You are humble, highly driven & detail-oriented
- You are passionate about blending technology & finance
- Knowledge of SQL & Tableau is a plus
- BA / BS degree; major in finance, economics, accounting or mathematics preferred
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.