At Lyft, community is who we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
As metropolitan cities grow, we aim to transform the way people commute within the city through becoming the leader in the development & operation of such vehicles. From bikes & scooters to future forms of transportation, you will be at the forefront of driving these new initiatives & revolutionize technology.
Data is at the heart of how Lyft makes business, product, & engineering decisions. Lyft Bikes & Scooter (LBS) has a specialized data science team which works collaboratively with partners across the organization, such as product, engineering, strategy & operations to develop business insights & make actionable recommendations. We are looking for passionate data science managers to come take on some of the most interesting & impactful problems in the future of micromobility.
Our team is growing rapidly, & were looking for a data science leader with the ability & experience to help us scale. As a leader on the team, youll be responsible for building & promoting the analytic frameworks & models Lyft uses to make decisions. Youll be leading a team of data scientists, but also building relationships & partnering with product & operational teams. The ideal candidate can navigate between complex technical topics & strategic problems to deliver business impact. If youre sharp, collaborative, resourceful, & can communicate complex ideas with ease, then wed like to talk to you.
- Build & lead a high-performing team of data scientists
- Work with cross-functional partners in product, engineering, operations, finance, & marketing to achieve business goals
- Lead & prioritize deep dives into our data to uncover new product & business opportunities
- Develop analytical frameworks, models, roadmaps, & metrics for the team & broader organization
- Collaborate with other leaders & executives to build data-informed business strategy & roadmaps
- Serve as a champion of sound decision-making at all levels of the company
Experience & Skills:
- Degree in a quantitative field like statistics, economics, applied math, operations research or engineering. Advanced degrees are preferred
- 6+ years of hands-on technical experience in a data science role or equivalent
- 2+ years management experience building & leading data science teams
- Track record of guiding teams through unstructured technical problems to deliver business impact
- Skilled at running cross-functional relationships & communicating with leadership across multiple organizations
- Willingness to collaborate & communicate with others to drive cross-team & cross-organization initiatives forward
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.