Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1.4B in revenue at the end of 2018.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data. Luckily for us, this means theres more need for Pures technology than ever before - with solutions that deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical applications, DevOps, & modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. Our Satmetrix Net Promoter Score (NPS) score is in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, driven by our customer-first culture & unrelenting commitment to innovation.
Our differentiated proposition is clear - Deliver a common set of data services (Block, File & Object) that easily extend the Data Center to the cloud, offering effortless setup & management, efficient compression ratios all delivered via our Evergreen Storage Service (ES2).
Were building a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, & investors love - & were looking for talented & passionate candidates to join us. For more information on Pure, check out the corporate fact sheet.
Pure Storage is seeking a Systems Engineer to sell into Commercial accounts in Ontario.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop an exhaustive understanding of what drives a customers business & what motivates their decision making.
- Passionately bring to light the advantages of a Pure Storage solution.
- Refine sales strategy & tactics & take command of technical responsibilities.
- Delight customers & teammates with your technical leadership & domain expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, & competitive storage offerings in the DAS, NAS & SAN product spaces.
- Take control of evaluations & benchmarks, system configurations, & system installations.
- Build & deliver technical product & architecture presentations with vigor to customers & lock in the technical win with clients & prospective accounts.
- Capture requirements & translate Customers business needs into innovative solutions to accelerate their growth & capacity.
- Author responses to RFI & RFPs.
- Seek out & spur new opportunities for interoperability, functional, & performance testing/validation.
- Promote mutual roadmap & planning exchanges.
- Liaise with product & technical marketing to produce materials (i.e. whitepaper, web presentations) that support overall alliance plans & objectives.
- Stay current with the competition & ensure that materials accurately reflect the latest, differentiated solution positioning.
- Move with market trends & competitive landscape to promote thought leadership within our organization.
What You Bring To The Team
- Pre-sales experience is required.
- 5-10 years minimum experience supporting the sales of enterprise storage, networking or systems solutions to a combination of large enterprise accounts & data centers.
- Deep understanding of the architecture, design & implementation of multi-tiered client/server & web-based computing solutions.
- Prior experience in targeting new prospects & converting them into clients.
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs & RFIs.
- Superior knowledge of current & emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN).
- UNIX OS, NFS file systems & UNIX distributed network environment.
- Installation/configuration of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystem, storage subsystems architecture, shared memory architectures, cache architectures, windowing systems.
- Strong knowledge of digital transformation to a Cloud Native architecture, On-Prem, Public Cloud, Provisioning Automation, & Containers.
- Knowledge of VMWare, Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP & general networking.
- Excellent verbal & written interpersonal skills.
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with modern web architecture a plus (LAMP stack, scale-out vs scale-up architectures, NoSQL alternatives).
- Application knowledge is highly desirable.
Pure creates opportunities for your development & career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of your role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, & career development. And we support internal mobility that allows our employees to get exposure to different teams & projects across the company to learn & grow. Were here to change the world & we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to offer Puritans globally competitive compensation & benefits programs that enable innovation & growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits & perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance programs, work-life services, travel assistance, & employee resource groups all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind & body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.