At Roivant, we are passionate about discovering & developing new drugs to impact patients lives. Since its inception in 2014, Roivant has launched over 20 portfolio companies (Vants), overseen 5 successful IPOs, established a $3B partnership with a global pharma, built a pipeline of over 40 assets across various modalities & therapeutic areas, & delivered 8 successful phase 3 readouts.
Roivant is currently building new capabilities in drug discovery & expanding its existing development engine to become the worlds leading tech-enabled pharmaceutical company. Roivants drug discovery capabilities are driven by our computational discovery platform, which combines preeminent physics-based tools with deep expertise in machine learning to generate unprecedented predictive power that can tackle previously intractable discovery challenges. The tight integration of this computational platform with our experimental capabilities enables the rapid design & optimization of new drugs to address a wide range of targets for diseases with high unmet need.
We believe that the future of drug discovery lies in integrating predictive sciences, biology, & medicinal chemistry to accelerate the path to new medicines. This role is an opportunity to be an architect of this paradigm shift & generate transformative benefit for patients.
Roivant Discovery, a drug discovery company headquartered in Boston and with Offices in New York City, is looking for chemical physicists/physical chemists to join our computational platform team. Working closely with other platform team members, the candidate will lead and expand a team to develop & implement computational models in molecular physics to enable computation-driven drug discovery. Competitive pay, equity, strong perks, and a fun working environment, along with the opportunity to do cutting edge science to design better medicines, are all good reasons to join us!
- Develop & implement models & methods in computational molecular physics, including but not limited to
- Develop accurate and computationally efficient models of molecular interactions, including quantum chemistry, force field, & machine-learning models, for small molecules, proteins, & nucleic acids
- Develop multiscale simulation methods that combine force field, quantum chemistry, & machine learning models to enable highly accurate molecular simulations, including binding free energy predictions & protein conformational ensemble predictions
- Leverage existing biophysical data & collaborate with experimental groups to design experiments & obtain new data to validate the models and simulation methods
- Develop robust protocols for parameterizing classical force fields & validate such protocols against a wide range of experimental data
- Collaborate with platform teams to deploy the above models and simulation methods in target evaluation & drug discovery projects to enable or substantially accelerate such efforts
- Work with experimental groups to validate and benchmark the computational models in drug discovery projects
- Highly motivated to develop computational methods for discovering better medicines
- M.S. or Ph.D. in computational physics/chemistry, physical chemistry/chemical physics, applied mathematics, or related fields
- Strong record of past research accomplishments
- Extensive past experience in quantum chemistry, force field development, & molecular dynamics simulations
- Extensive programming experience (C/C++ & Python preferred)
- Excellent communication skills & strong team player
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience working with a diverse team on an ambitious project
- Experience in deep learning and numerical optimization