Appian, a recognized leader in low code automation, provides a new way to make applications enabling companies to quickly adapt to change. We help organizations automate & transform their business by creating new apps from scratch, or by connecting & enhancing legacy applications all up to 20X faster than traditional development. We combine people, technologies & data in a single workflow to maximize their resources & improve business results.
Appian is actively seeking an Industry Marketeer to drive marketing strategy & execution for our Broad Markets segment, particularly Energy & Manufacturing. This individual will partner with a team of Industry Leads & subject matter experts to define & tell a compelling & differentiated story about Appians hyperautomation & low-code capabilities & solutions for Broad Markets & its sub-verticals. He or she will create the industry marketing strategy & plan, coordinate with a variety of marketing execution resources to carry out the plan, & ensure that Sales has the resources to effectively sell Appians offerings to Global Fortune 2000 organizations.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer needs within the Broad Markets segment; monitor industry trends & build industry-specific buyer personas
- Partner with our Energy & Manufacturing subject matter experts to craft & tell a story about the unique value Appian delivers for those industry segments
- Define a global marketing strategy & plan for capturing the mindshare of our target buyers, analysts & partner community within the Broad Markets segment
- Collaborate with industry subject matter experts to create content that articulates value throughout the buyer journey; understand the buying process & key stakeholders involved, & build internal & external content & messaging
- Define tactics for generating awareness & high-quality leads for the Sales team; work with Demand Generation, Digital Marketing, Events, & Field Marketing teams on the execution of programs with measurement & goals
- Support product launch & sales enablement efforts by creating positioning/messaging documents, sales presentations, solution briefs, & other product collateral
- 7-10 years of industry marketing or marketing management experience in high-tech / Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) environments; prior Energy and/or Manufacturing experience preferred
- A proven track record of developing strategies & tactics to drive awareness & demand within specific target segments or verticals
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to express technical concepts in the form of crisp, value-based messages
- A proven ability to produce creative, memorable & highly engaging content in support of inbound & outbound marketing activities
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, be a team player & thrive in a highly collaborative & matrixed environment
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience with related technologies, including business process management (BPM), robotic process automation (RPA), artificial intelligence (AI), case management, CRM, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), enterprise mobile, a plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.