Peloton is seeking a Product Designer to create simple, elegant, & intuitive interactive interfaces for our core engagement products : large-scale, complex, & function-heavy product systems such as the Peloton web & mobile apps, the Peloton Bike, & the Peloton Tread.
This role is focused on visual interactive interface design: how users interact with devices, how users process information, & ultimately how Pelotons engagement products look & feel. Core to this role is the creation of the final pixel-perfect UI that Peloton Members experience, & in creating UI in a visually systematic way that ensures a holistic, consistent experience across our products.
Outside exceptional UI & interaction design talent, success in this role is dependent on being highly self-motivated & managed, super organized, always open to feedback & critique, & extremely collaborative.
The Product Designer works directly with the Product Manager, UX Designer, engineers, & project manager on one of several Peloton Engagement teams & collaborates with the broader Product, UX, & Design team to deliver the Peloton experience.
Note: Along with your Resume a link to your online portfolio (or to a PDF of your work) is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Cultivate a deep understanding of Pelotons Product UI styles, patterns, & standardized elements & interactions.
- Manage your bandwidth & project pipeline to execute UI design in time with your teams software roadmap.
- Work closely & collaboratively with the UX designer & Product Manager on your team to fulfill the overall product/feature vision.
- Quickly iterate & offer versions based on design critique from peers or from learnings found in user testing or feature response.
- Build out multi-version comps for user testing.
- Provide prototypes/deliverables to describe interactions & motion to enhance UI.
- Execute final, pixel perfect UI designs & package, spec, & prep for engineering.
- Obsessively QA developed software for visual perfection, & provide detailed feedback to engineering towards revisions.
- Maintain design systems & libraries in conjunction with the wider Product UI Design team to ensure product-wide visual consistency.
- 4+ Years of Software UI/interaction design experiences at consumer-focused tech or media companies.
- Top tier user interface & interaction design skills.
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- Focused & dedicated to how products look & feel.
- Exceptional design velocity: ability & willingness to quickly produce multiple concepts.
- Excellent communication & organizational skills.
- Deeply collaborative & iterative approach to product design, focused on ensuring a unified experience across the board.
- Experience working closely with engineers to develop & iterate on interactive software experiences.
- Experience designing for a variety of screen sizes & platforms: for fully responsive web experiences and/or for mobile (touch-device) apps.
- Experience in prototyping UI interactivity & in incorporating motion/animation into UI.
- A strong understanding of the tools & technologies involved in designing & building interactive software experiences.
- A keen knowledge of what is possible in modern Android, iOS, & web development & of design & interaction patterns & trends within each.
- Proficiency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator & other design & prototyping tools.
BONUS IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE:
- Designing for: native consumer-facing apps; interactive game or content experiences; experiences arger touch screens and/or TV interfaces.
- Working in an Agile Scrum Team structure.
- Building element-based UI design library & style guide.
- Creating iconography systems.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.