Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Temporary Accounts Payable Associate to join our Finance team.
The ideal candidate will have had experience in invoice processing, accounting processes, & financial data tagging. You will report to the Senior Accounting Manager, based in our New York City office in a hybrid or remote capacity.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Manage the accounts payable inbox, enter & code bills in the ERP, and/or our AP system Tipalti
- Focus specifically on on ERP implementation project & AP work associated with the system & transition
- Communicate with vendors & business owners to resolve any inquiries or discrepancies
- Maintain the vendor master file, including new vendor set-up, completion of vendor credit forms & vendor payment set-up
- Initiate bill payments via our AP system, ACH, check, wire, & credit card in compliance with the Companys policies & procedures
- Be an administrator of the Companys third party expense platforms, Tipalti, Expensify & Teampay (and any future systems), including the review of employee expense reports & submissions to ensure adherence to Company policy & accuracy over coding
- Monthly reconciliation of bank & credit card accounts
- Facilitate vendor spend reporting & provide analysis as requested by FP&A & business owners
- Help support the accounting team with administrative tasks associated with filings, billings & other tasks
- Maintain process documentation & look for opportunities to automate & improve daily accounting processes
- Provide support with audits, special inquiries, projects & ad-hoc analysis
Who you are:
- Open to 6-9 temporary position
- BS/BA in Accounting or related field
- 1-2 years of accounts payable experience; internship or contract experience is considered
- Ability to apply basic logic & generally accepted accounting principles to your work
- Respect for data privacy, including but not limited to vendor & employee information
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, with strong organizational & time management skills
- Competency in MS Suite, databases, & accounting software (experience with Netsuite, MS365, Expensify, Teampay & Tipalti a plus)
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies that verifies vaccination status
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on & has since expanded to offer an array of luggage & travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London & Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies & has been recognized on TIMEs list of Best Inventions. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability. Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.