We are looking for a high-performing analytical & collaborative person to work with the FP&A Manager to provide dedicated FP&A coverage of our personal care brands, Harrys & Flamingo. This person will collaborate with sales, R&D, & marketing to identify & implement strategies to help drive short & long-term financial performance. This includes supporting the business & financial planning process, pulling together a holistic view of investments across our commercial channels, & identifying & recommending solutions as appropriate. This is an opportunity that affords significant exposure & impact on senior-level decision making.
About the Team
The Global Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team at Harrys is a part of Global Finance & is responsible for analyzing, presenting & forecasting the financial & business performance of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions. The team supports the Harrys brand in North America & UK, our recently launched Flamingo brand & our private label & manufacturing business in Germany.
What you will accomplish:
- P&L Management
- Partner cross-functionally across brand teams to identify & communicate big-picture trends & drivers of revenue & analyze performance against our forecasts & long-term plan
- Coordinate with Sales & Operations Planning team on demand & inventory forecasting
- Improve on the financial understanding & reporting of gross margin by channel & customer by partnering with our operations finance team
- Provide financial guidance & support for our brand lanes to dissect spend & track back to key operating results
- Drive the annual budgeting & quarterly re-forecasting process for personal care branded businesses & team
- Maintain & quantify risks & opportunities in business performance & conduct scenario & sensitivity analysis
- Business Process Support
- Help define & connect the dots between all our planning processes & forecasting cycles, including the brand operating plan, brand performance reviews, annual budget / reforecasts & our long-term plan
- Improve financial rigor around brand decision-making, starting with improved brand planning & NPI (new product introduction) processes, but ultimately including businesses cases for investments & new channels
- Corporate & Financial Reporting
- Leverage existing organization tools & systems (eg. Adaptive Insights) to develop & report on metrics in order to identify inefficiencies & improve strategic decision making
- Participate in the preparation of all related monthly business review & Board materials
- Provide ad hoc financial & business decision support as needed
This should describe you:
- Bachelors degree with a record of high academic achievement
- 2-4 years of experience in FP&A or financial analysis within an operating business; CPG or other consumer-facing vertical is preferred
- Prior consulting or investment banking background is a plus
- Solid understanding of P&L & profitability analysis & strong working knowledge of accounting
- Experience using a planning system (e.g. Adaptive, Essbase, Anaplan)
- Expert Excel & Powerpoint skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in synthesizing data & presenting conclusions & recommendations to stakeholders
- Great at building trust & gaining support across the organization
- Passionate about consumer businesses & motivated to learn all aspects of a high-growth brand, arent afraid to get into the details
- Able to balance the big picture with the details, & can take initiative in the absence of perfect information
- Direct, honest, & supportive in communications & takes ownership of the accuracy, reliability & relevance of your work
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Report to the Manager of FP&A & support our stakeholders in our Personal Care brands to ensure they have the data & insight they need to drive business success
- Work directly with VPs & operational leaders of Harrys & Flamingo
- Significant direct exposure to the senior leadership team
- Partner across the rest of the finance & operations teams globally
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.