Early Career Software Engineer
Alto is a pharmacy that not only delivers your medications, but helps you navigate the minefield of pharmacy. Currently 50% of patients dont ever receive the medications they need. This contributes to 125,000 preventable deaths in the US every year & $200 billion in avoidable costs to the healthcare system. Our platform solves this by providing free same-day delivery, automatically finding patients the cheapest price by analyzing thousands of insurance plan benefits, & integrating directly with doctors offices to cut through paperwork.
We recently raised our Series C, surpassed 400 employees across six locations, & are on track to achieve $1B ARR by the end of 2020. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, recently listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article These 50 Start-Ups May Be the Next Unicorns.
We are looking for an Early Career Software Engineerto join our quickly growing team to help take the modern pharmacy national. Our engineering team values impact, collaboration, & learning which make Alto a great environment for developing & growing your skills. You will receive structured training, mentorship, & candid real-time feedback to support your professional development. As an Early Career Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to ship code across the stack & work on technical challenges across a wide range.
Example projects you might work on include:
- Increasing the conversion of our patient app onboarding & delivery scheduling flows
- Automating standard patient & doctor outreach so our pharmacy teams can focus on more complex cases
- Optimizing the performance of our web applications as we approach hypergrowth
- Building features in our pharmacy app, such as one that allows authorized managers to configure the US states in which their team members are licensed to review prescriptions
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Are graduating with a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related field in 2020. Alternatively you are a coding bootcamp graduate with 1+ year(s) of software engineering experience in a production environment.
- Are proficient in at least one programming language. At Alto, we mainly use Ruby on Rails & Go on the backend & React on the frontend, but experience with these specific technologies is not required.
- Have experience with web development on the frontend, backend, or both.
- Thrive in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment & have a growth mindset. You're unafraid to dive into an unfamiliar problem but humble enough to make mistakes & iterate.
- Embody Altos values & are passionate about our mission to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs medicine.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.