Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase & the Centre Consortium oversees the standards & protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap & is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
Engineering at Circle:
In 2020, Circle unveiled Circle APIs: a set of solutions & smarter technology to help businesses accept payments in a more global, scalable & efficient alternative to traditional banking rails (spoiler: were using USD Coin under the hood).
Over the next 12 months, were going to rapidly grow our API customer base & enable even more businesses to easily integrate & benefit from the breakthrough of programmable money on the internet.
If youre data-driven, interested in building something meaningful & would love to work in an entrepreneurial environment, we cant wait to hear from you.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
Technical Operations at Circle:
The Circle Technical Operations (TechOps) team comprises Site Reliability, DevOps & Blockchain Infrastructure Engineers to provide four 9s on Circles suite of products & services across a rapidly growing worldwide customer base on multiple AWS regions. You will get to sink your teeth into the latest, cutting edge technologies & collaborate with amazing engineers & technologists.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Circle, youll build out the next generation of frameworks & tooling that will allow Circle developments to build at scale rapidly & safely. You will be responsible for building out infrastructure, platforms & tools within an AWS estate with the focus of system level availability, agility, transparency & scalability. If you are looking for a culture that embraces innovation, collaboration & solving complex problems, then this is the place for you.
You'll work on:
- Automating & developing tools with Python
- Building & maintaining highly codified CI/CD pipelines with quality, security & auto-deployment as features
- Design highly available & resilient cross-region infrastructure in Kubernetes
- Plan & test disaster recovery scenarios for a highly available microservices architecture
- Collaborate with the Security team to create & maintain security focused tools & frameworks
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Enthusiasm for the craft of software engineering & ability to collaborate across engineering groups to deliver & support Circle products
- Pragmatic engineering with that embrace the DRY, KISS, & YAGNI principles
- 4+ years experience with a public cloud provider, specifically AWS
- AWS SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer or Solutions Architect certification(s) is huge bonus
- Expert with AWS services including IAM, VPC, Cloudwatch, RDS, etc.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes & ECS/EKS
- Practice Infrastructure as Code with either Cloudformation, Terraform or Pulumi
- Configuration management & automation experience with Ansible, Python, & Boto
- Experience with log aggregation systems like Splunk, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Experience creating & maintaining monitoring & alerting capabilities using tools like Splunk, Kibana, Datadog, or Kinesis Analytics
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.