We are currently looking for Senior Product Designers to join our team.
At Idean we believe that companies need to simultaneously transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We combine design, technology & business smarts to help organisations do just this. We create products, services & businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up. We also believe this can be done whilst having a laugh together & going home on time.
Were a team of 80+ hybrid product & service designers, developers & technologists, & strategists here in the UK, & part of a global network of Idean studios & the broader Capgemini group. Were helping clients launch Beta Businesses & challenging existing setups for clients in Telco, Energy, Financial Services & Retail, amongst many other sectors.
This role will be embedded within our multi-steam programme of work at British Gas, the UKs largest energy & home services supplier, who are based in Staines, Surrey. You can read more about our partnership here. Their mission is to transform into a customer obsessed, service organisation. And the work has been phenomenally successful so far. Theyre an awesome client, who are investing heavily in their design operations, & were excited to be continuing this journey with them.
The project teams currently split their time between the British Gas offices & the Idean studio, based in Old Street, London. There is then the option to move onto other projects within the Idean studio after spending time on British Gas if you wanted to explore this.
More about the role
In this Senior Product Designer role you will combine designing some of the bravest products & services that our clients have ever launched, with helping us to further develop our design practice. You can read more about our programme of work with British Gas in the case study linked above.
You will be embedded within one of the product teams, responsible for delivering against our shared approach to product & service design, & go to market delivery. You will also help grow our shared design culture. Its an exceptional programme of work, bringing an enormous amount of value to customers & the business. Your role will be integral in continuing to strengthen this client relationship & pushing this work even further.
Our designers are an incredibly talented bunch of hybrids & this is something we embrace. The team consists of people with a background in product design, UX, visual design, & branding. We know that unicorns dont exist but we do like hybrid designers who span user research, UX, & visual design, often with particular strength in one or two of these areas.
- Support the delivery of complex product & service design projects
- Contribute to our product strategy, in partnership with the product managers
- Perform research
- Perform hands on prototyping
- Run experiments & design sprints to rapidly test & iterate prototypes
- Produce production ready design
- Collaborate with senior stakeholder groups to successfully influence long-lasting change
- Grow our design practice by regularly sharing with the broader team & community.
Dont worry about being a 100% fit. Thats impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, & you think it could work, lets chat.
- Experience of product innovation, & customer experience & digital transformation
- Experience of getting involved in most stages of the product & service design process, from initial analysis, workshops, sketches, ideas & concepts through to user research, prototyping & the final delivery of designs
- Some experience of facilitating the design of new & existing products & services by bringing people together, & facilitating workshops, design sprints & ideation sessions
- Possibly some experience of taking a product to market by working closely with developers & optimising the performance of that product over time through testing & iteration
- A combination of experience designing mobile & web user-focused applications, as well as denser, information-rich interfaces
- A focus on process & proof. Testing & iterating must be an inherent part of your approach
- Possibly some information architecture, prototyping, personas & storytelling, behavioural economics, and/or ethnographic research experience
- Data visualisation methods & principles experience isn't essential but would be ace
- An understanding of the challenges & intricacies of designing for digital
- Interest in & knowledgeable about digital technology
- Good copywriting skills
- Solid business acumen & a hunger to learn more.
What to expect from our application process
Standard stuff, really. First, if we like what we see within your application, youll hear from us within a couple of weeks. Then well have a chat, in-person ideally or on the phone if better for you. After that, there will be two interviews, perhaps with a task, depending on the role youre applying for. There are no robots screening CVs here, so we apologise if it takes a little longer than expected.
A challenging, creative & supportive working environment is important to us. Weve put a lot of thought into our studio space & how we support our team. Our policies on mental health & parental responsibilities, & more, are designed to work for our people. While we strive to be as forward-thinking as humanly possible, we also know we can always do better. The point is, were keen to talk about & accommodate any need that helps you get good work done while enjoying a quality work-life balance.
- Generous & competitive salary
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- AXA healthcare self cover
- A possible team bonus
- 25 days of holidays, plus additional days off at Christmas (we close between Christmas Day & New Years Day)
- A tiered parental leave policy, which offers 12 or 18 weeks maternity full pay & 4 weeks partner full pay (dependant on your tenure)
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible working programmes. There is no one model to fit all so feel free to talk to us about what you need
- Individual training budget for personal development
- Community of Practice get-togethers
- Social events, inside & outside of the studio
- Quarterly company days. We take ourselves out of the studio regularly. It's our time together to learn, prioritise plans & make sure everyone is involved in where we are going. It's also just a lot of fun.
Sounds good? Then apply!
You must be legally authorised to work in the UK without restrictions. Please do not apply for more than one job or location. If you wish to be considered for more than one studio please include this in a cover letter.