Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will work with large data sets to identify patterns & emerging trends to develop new products as well as evaluate & improve Visa's existing Open Banking products. You willbe adept at manipulating data tobetter understand fraud, authentication & authorization statistics as well asdeveloping a deep knowledge of available data sources & key metric definitionstodraw valuable insights from consumer behavior.
- Identify new data sources & evaluate emerging technologies for data discovery usage
- Manipulate large datasets using standard tools, such as Python, Hive, HBase, MapReduce, SPARK, R, SQL, Weka, TensorFlow, etc. to extract meaningful insights
- Solve difficult, non-routine analytical problems by applying advanced analytical methods
- Implement data formulation processes, including identification of attributes, exploratory data analysis, data transformation, & temporal data structures
- Work collaboratively with other team members to formulate innovative solutions to experiment & implement advanced data mining techniques
- Translate findings into business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) & communicate to multiple stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information in a clear & concise manner.
- Identifies data or conceptual gaps in data or object models & recommends appropriate changes
- Understands enterprise-wide data & object models & proactively identifies areas of reuse
- Possesses expert knowledge in the use of data analysis tools such as Python, Hive, HBase & MapReduce, SPARK, R, etc. & is effective at learning new tools
- Expert in end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering & requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, & presentations
- Is easily able to break down problems into fundamental parts in a systemic, detailed way
- Considers & critically compares multiple sides of an issue & weighs the consequences before making decisions
- Applies a variety of methods to determine the root cause of an issue
- Recognizes points for improvement & uses imagination to solve ambiguous problems, applying approaches that have been applied elsewhere, & creating own approaches
- Effectively rank orders points of uncertainty in terms of importance & relevance.
Business Communication & Translation:
- Able to ensure that non-technical colleagues efficiently understand verbal communications & key implications for their business problems
- Ability to translate & showcase analytical findings into business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, experiment analysis) using strong visual communications techniques & digital tools.
- Helps identify ways to perform his/her tasks in a more efficient & effective manner
- Values the importance of diverse contributions in driving accomplishments
- Works to understand various methods for developing innovative ideas, products, or solutions.
- Identifies gaps in communication loops, cross-functional teams' understanding of key issues
- Is effective at efficiently identifying & resolving conflicts or differences of opinion affecting output
- Understands nuance of how all partners' functional skills & capabilities impact the product & is able to communicate to create buy-in from them on the data science priorities
- Encourages job shadowing or learning opportunities to build cross-functional understanding
- Encourages others to express their views openly
- Customizes messages to different audiences in a thoughtful, engaging, & relevant way.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field
- 5 years of experience working in data science
- Experience developing experimental & analytical plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, & the ability to accurately determine cause & effect relationships
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field
- Have a passion for working with big data & professional experience in data mining, statistical analysis, predictive modeling & data manipulation
- Experience with statistical software such as R, Python, Weka, Tensorflow
- Mastery of advanced analytic tools (e.g. Hive, HBase, MapReduce), including data mining & statistical learning skills
- Ability to select the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem
- Effective written & verbal communication skills
- Effective presentation & data visualization skills
- Strong problem solving skills & communication skills
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours. May require occasional meetings outside of core business hours to connect with global partners.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms..
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.