Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VC&A)drives tangible, impactful & financial results for Visa's network clients, including both financial services & merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational & macroeconomics, Visa Consulting & Analytics solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The US Consulting Practice within VC&A provides consulting & solution services for Visa's largest issuers in the UnitedStates. We apply deep expertise in the payments industry to provide solutions to assist clients with their key business priorities, drive growth & improve profitability. TheVC&A team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as improving profitability, strategic growth, customer experience, digital payments & managing risk.
The Sr. Director will play aleadership roleon a team of experienced strategic consulting professionals developing & delivering high impact projects forVisa's Regional & Community FI partners. Potential engagements could include market expansion, revenue uplift, segmentation,portfolio management diagnostics, authorization optimization strategies, assessments of digital product & marketing programs, development of new products with implementation roadmaps, & optimizing client customer servicing processes.
We are looking for highly motivated, strategic, analytical individuals who willdeliver strategic thought leadership, problem diagnosticsand high impact solutions to clients. The incumbent must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with clients & across the Visa organization.
The location is flexible for this role with a preference for the San Francisco area-Other potential locations are Ashburn, VA (Washington, DC), Miami, FL.
- Partner with Visa Decision Science team to develop scaled consulting engagements with the right level of customization for smaller regional & community clients.
- Manage pipeline of demand & functional changes necessary to manage roadmap of engagements for scaled engagements.
- Proactively engage with clients & Visa client leadership in
regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate & manage a pipeline
of work with clients
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions & recommendations that
effectively & efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., marketing,
analytics, risk, innovation) & across global regional teams to execute
projects in ways that leverage the breadth & depth of Visa's resources
- Produce insights & analyses to improve client performance,
drive understanding of client issues & provide strategic guidance for client
priorities across the payment P&L
- Where employee is a subject matter expert, provide knowledge
sharing, coaching & training across functional teams and/or regions
We are looking for individuals withbanking, payments & consulting expertiseto provide analysis & strategic thinking to shape the services we deliver to clients, lead consulting engagements & develop actionable & scalable insights & solutions.
Ideal candidate will have payments & management consulting experience.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree; 10 years of work experience with Masters/MBA/JD/MD; or a minimum of 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelors Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- Experience working in payments industry or with a financial institution (bank, credit union, Fintech).
- Previous experience in a management consulting firm.
- Excellent communication, story-telling & presentation skills.
- Substantial problem solving ability with strategic focus on
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual and
analytical rigor & ability to work with large data sets to synthesize key impacts for clients.
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to
handle numerous projects concurrently
- Executive Presence including excellent communication and
presentation skills, written & verbal & ability to communicate at all
levels within large organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership, managerial & collaboration capabilities, particularly with those who are not direct reports as may be found in a matrixed organization
- Experience in managing teams in execution of projects & career mentorship.
- Holds self & others accountable for measurable high quality, timely & effective results. Displays a strong commitment to organizational success
- Ability to identify key strategic issues & to generate & deliver creative & innovative solutions to problems & opportunities.
- Experience in several key issuer business areas, such as portfolio management, marketing, product management, operations, risk management, for both credit & debit cards
- Understanding of card issuers' P&L & critical factors in driving profitability
- Ability to influence & negotiate with senior executives
- Prior experience working with Regional & Community banks, credit unions & other financial institutions a plus.
- Prior experience working with data analytics capabilities & developing client-facing predictive insights/productshighly preferred.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel 25%+ domestically
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.