We started Birchbox in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover & shop for beauty & grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: we've activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty by making the experience relevant, easy & fun. Our innovation isn't the simple concept of delivering a box of samples - it's understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty & grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying & buying it.
Birchbox operates in six countries, reaching more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 500 best-in-class prestige brand partners. We have retail locations within select Walgreens stores across the US as well as a flagship Birchbox store in Paris.
Why are Associate Merchants important to Birchbox?
Our Merchant teams are the force behind our mission at Birchbox- without them, we would not be able to give consumers a personalized way to discover & shop for new beauty & grooming products. As an integral member within the Merchandising team, the Associate Merchants provide daily support to the Merchants which entails: researching, data entry, creation of sales materials, generating reports, client communication, project management, & much more. Overall, they provide assistance & support to the team so together we can drive new partnerships with brands & deliver great products to our customers.
As an Associate Merchant of Product Development & Beauty Partnerships, you will:
- Merchandising & Account Management for Beauty Partnerships
- Support Senior Manager in account management on key beauty partnerships, including daily brand communication, merchandising in-box, on-site & offline
- Launch product & brand pages on Birchbox.com, reviewing pages & descriptions to ensure that all products are accurately presented across the site
- Maintain & update detailed client information using internal tools & Salesforce
- Collect & maintain physical samples in office
- Monitor weekly/monthly sales & generate reports
- Work closely with Supply Chain team & brand partners on shipment & product related issues
- Assist in project managing brand campaigns with Marketing, PR, & Social/Content
- Product & Brand Development
- Support Senior Manager in executing brand plans to deliver growth targets for owned brands
- Support merchandising team in creating strategic concepts for new category & product development, & assist in attaining buy-in from leadership
- Assist in concept-to-launch execution of cosmetic launches from a product development & product marketing point of view, including creation of product briefs, claims & benefits, packaging selection, product testing, product positioning/naming, shade selection, & more
- Assist in creating strategic brand materials (i.e. new product launch decks, strategy slides, product positioning, etc.)
- Conduct consumer research (partnering with Customer Research team) to further gain a deeper understanding of our target customer, ensuring innovation pipeline is compelling, trend-right & on-brand
- Stay abreast of the competitive market by researching & analyzing beauty trends & new category/ product launches, helping to identify relevant category & product level opportunities
- Nurture & protect owned brands at a global level so that our brands are always displayed consistently, in line with brand guidelines
A successful candidate has:
- 1-2 years of work experience
- Exceptional attention to detail a must
- Previous experience in beauty preferred
- Experience in Brand Management, Product Development, or Merchandising a plus
- Forward-thinking, innovative with an interest in the latest trends in beauty
- Experience with Mac OS, Power Point, Excel & Google Docs a plus
- Bachelor's Degree