At Feather, our mission is to transform humanity's relationship with material goods to create a healthier & happier planet. Youll join a fast-paced, innovative team whose passion lies in delighting customers & helping people live lighter.
Feather is hiring our first Demand Planning Manager to evolve our demand planning process & forecast Feather furniture needs across all markets. You will ensure that we maintain high in-stock levels across all product categories, taking in to consideration both new product orders as well as the re-leasing of items coming to the end of their subscriptions. This role will report to our Head of Finance & working closely with the finance, merchandising, logistics & marketing departments.
What youll be doing:
- The Demand Planning Manager is responsible for managing all activities associated with forecasting
- This position will be responsible for evolving our demand planning process & forecasting FEATHER Furniture needs for the total business as well as by region.
- Report key assumptions, building blocks & forecast methodology to the leadership team including a monthly comparison of actuals against forecasts & insights & recommendations
- Work closely with the finance team on annual budgeting & quarterly re-forecasting processes to provide visibility on revenue, volume & growth drivers.
- Collaborate with the Merchandising, Marketing, Logistics, & E-com teams to develop forecasts for new product launches
What you need to be successful:
- Analytical, collaborative & visionary person
- 4-6 years of experience in demand planning or related function, ideally with consumer-facing brand
- Experience with change management & project management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint required.
- Experience using demand planning & ERP software
- Ability to manipulate data & insights to make recommendations
- Rigorously detail-oriented & produces exceptional deliverables
- Excellent ability to collaborate & communicate with multiple stakeholders to drive cross-functional consensus & results in the day-to-day business
- Strong work ethic; ability to independently own & drive projects
- Motivated to learn; asks insightful questions & fully embraces working in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
Who you are:
- Based in NYC (or willing to move)
- Interested in joining a passionate team & growing with Feather
- Excited by Feather's mission
- Eligible to work in the United States
What youll get when joining Feather:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, vision, dental, & life insurance
- A 401(k) retirement plan
- Flexible vacation, work from home, & paid time off
- Catered lunch three times a week & monthly in-office massages
- A 50% discount on your own Feather subscription