Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, & chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities something that couldnt be more important right now in our world, & in the tech industry.
We are seeking a Communications & Marketing intern to join the marketing team at Meetup.
In this role, you will:
- Support all parts of Meetups external communications & marketing functions including PR, social media, paid media & communications
- Prepare media lists & reporter backgrounders
- Conduct research to inform media & event opportunities
- Identify story ideas & how to bring those stories to life
- Draft press materials including press releases & FAQ
- Monitor for Meetup & competitor/industry news
- Propose & draft content for social media channels
- Organize marketing collateral, assets, & testimonials
- Keep up to date with social media trends
- Liaise with Meetup members & organizers on marketing opportunities
- General support on other marketing & external communications initiatives
You should be someone who:
- Has knowledge of the media landscape, including digital & social media
- Has a keen eye for storytelling & social media content
- Has an interest in marketing & pr
- Has exceptional organizational skills & thrives in project management
- Has strong, flexible writing skills & cares about the details
- Has strong research & analytical skills
- Has a finger on the pulse of whats trending
If the above describes you & your passions, apply, we want to hear from you! Cover letter & resume are required for your application. Tell us your story, we want to know who you are!
Eligibility: You are pursuing a Bachelor's (junior or senior year) or Master's degree; or have otherwise demonstrated professional level experience. This internship runs approximately 10 to 12 weeks (June 2019 through August 2019).