Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world
We want people who are passionate about building features that you & your peers will love.
We are looking for a motivated & experienced leader to provide strategic direction of our financial system solutions as well as overall ownership including administration support. Youll partner with our Finance team to redesign processes & better leverage automation to support financial operations. Report to the Director of Internal Audit to drive the implementation of controls through automation. Build out & drive the systems roadmap for the Finance team.
Your primary responsibility over our finance systems is to manage the selection, drive the implementation or improvement of existing system(s) & ensure maintenance of those systems. This includes close collaboration with other functions, including Infrastructure, Business Transformation, etc., to ensure requirements are met across different levels of the company & systems & process needs are aligned & work efficiently. This role is strategic in building a world class finance organization that supports company initiatives & goals as well as provide insights through reporting that is accurate, reliable & timely.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Day to day administration & management of DOs financial systems/applications
- Evaluate existing systems & determine the best course of action to ensure maximum value is derived from them
- Lead the effort to determine & implement the long-term ERP solution for DO
- Cultivate strong relationships within Finance & establish yourself as the team expert on Finance systems
- Collaborate with other teams on cross functional alignment areas or projects
- Contribute to the implementation of a roadmap that sets out a clear vision & timeline for finance systems that results in efficient processes through automated, improved controls, & alignment to DOs objectives
- Perform systems analysis functions including, but not limited to: gathering & understanding business requirements, developing solutions, documenting systems & systems processes, configuring systems, designing & implementing systems integrations, & creating documentation
- Design & implement internal controls; execute control performance for user access administration, change management, reports & other automated controls
- Identify & advocate for external trainings or external expertise when needed
- Drive & manage change that so that its adopted by the team
- Contribute to the goal of making the Finance team a world class organization that meets public company expectations
What Well Expect From You:
- Experience administering financial systems, including cloud-based ERPs & demonstrated the ability to learn new ones
- Ability to think strategically about the selection of new financial systems
- Experience designing & implementing new processes through automation, including internal controls
- Demonstrate a foundational understanding of business process / accounting workflows
- Strong prioritization & project management skills, as well as, communications
- Effective liaison between Finance & Infrastructure/IT/Security/Engineering teams, etc.
- Prior experience performing controls such as User Access, Change Mgmt, etc.
- Bonus capability: ERP implementation experience
- History of working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge, & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.