Open Road Integrated Media is an innovative, digitally focused media & marketing services company committed to producing scalable sales that deliver multi-year recurring revenue, & proprietary technology that has become a SAAS service for our partners. A data-driven marketing & technology company, we power content discoverability & sales. Our unique ability to stimulate consumer demand comes from highly profitable customer acquisition & access to limitless content.
About the Position:
Our Business Development department is seeking a Business Development Associate, reporting to the Assistant Controller. In this role, the employee will work directly with the Assistant Controller & the Senior Vice President of Business Development for OR/M's Ignition Program. OR/Ms Ignition Program offers our publishing partners a full-service marketing program for their backlist & frontlist titles across multiple channels.
The Business Development Associates responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Compiling, reviewing, reformatting, & organizing large excel files containing metadata & sales data received from prospective publishing partner clients
- Reporting monthly sales performance data to existing Ignition clients
- Tracking the departments overall monthly & YTD performance for both past & pipeline sales
- Fostering & maintaining strong business relationships with prospective & existing clients by providing timely & accurate sales & marketing information
- Acting as the liaison between the Business Development team, the client & other in-house departments to achieve shared goals
- Maintaining various excel & web based databases
- Scheduling & acting as project manager of advertising bookings for our newsletter & content site clients
- Utilizing Power Point to prepare marketing decks for prospective clients as well as business performance reviews of existing clients
- Accompanying the Senior VP to Business-to-business meetings whenever possible
- Assisting with adhoc reporting & other miscellaneous projects as needed
The ideal candidate:
- Should have or be actively pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Publishing, Business Administration, Marketing, or Finance.
- Can demonstrate a history of effective project management & strong attention to detail
- Has transferrable customer service experience & excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Must be highly organized & detail-oriented self-starter
- Must possess exemplary knowledge of Excel (spreadsheets, pivot-tables, v-lookups, formulas) & all Microsoft Office Suite products
- Must able to work independently & on a team