At White Ops, were all hackers. This doesnt mean you have to hold a key to the internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects & prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves & each other.
We think big & move fast.
We practice humility.
We pwn it.
What we do:
We keep the internet safe by fighting organized cybercrime. Our products accurately detect & prevent even the most sophisticated bots & our customers include some of the web's largest & most forward-thinking companies.
Our team of engineers is friendly, curious, driven, & highly collaborative. We support one another & regularly hold code reviews to facilitate learning & reduce friction during our 2-week releases. We strive for clean & readable code. Our engineers also work closely with other teams in the company, including creative, product, & customer support.
As a Staff Accountant you will be fully in charge of the expenses of the company. As a member of the Finance team you will be responsible for managing day-to-day accounts payable function, month-end close & various special projects.
What you'll do:
- Manage accounts payable, purchase requisition & expense reimbursement as per company policies & guidelines; ensure all expenses are properly classified by accounts, departments & entities.
- Manage monthly corporate card charges & collaborate with stakeholders to identify charges & match with outstanding purchase orders.
- Play an integral role in the month-end-close & year-end-close procedures to ensure timely completion.
- Independently reconcile & analyze balance sheet & income statement accounts.
- Review, research, & interpret current & historical financial information to resolve any inquiries.
- Promote White Ops policies & ensure adherence to such.
- Identify process or performance improvement opportunities & implement enhancements.
- Support Finance Team with various projects.
The perfect Human for the job:
- Has an Accounting Degree (Bachelors or Masters).
- Has at least 2-5 years of progressive experience with Accounts Payable/GL experience;.
- Ideally has knowledge of Sage Intacct Accounting Software, Yooz, Expensify & has proficiency with MS Office.
- Has a genuine interest in the profession, is detailed oriented, & has the ability to work well under pressure.
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, & creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, & we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
About White Ops:
Our mission is to protect the internet by verifying the humanity of every online transaction. Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, we now serve trillions of monthly decisions for some of the webs largest platforms. Our technology protects digital advertisers, publishers, ad tech, & enterprise businesses globally by detecting & blocking bots. Its an ongoing war that we happily fight every day.
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is centrally located in NYC. We had approximately 100% headcount growth in the past year & we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, & career growth. We are doing meaningful work & we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor & Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, & London.
We have many world class customers who use our platform We're focused & propelled by a substantive mission We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity We're committed to building a product companies need We have created an environment that optimizes your skills & brings out your best work