New York, NY, Columbus, OH, Remote - Full Time
WHO ARE WE?
The Planning Team is responsible for forecasting demand & managing the Inventory across all BARK business lines. We're obsessed with results, data, process & finding solutions. We work very broadly across virtually all functional groups, including product development, sourcing, finance, product & engineering, growth & logistics. We need curious, data-focused people who are process junkies & spreadsheet nerds. You must love dogs above all else. #carrots4lyfe (this will make more sense to you if you meet Jeffrey).
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
We are currently looking for an analytical, detail oriented, dog-obsessed leader in managing the overall strategy, execution & communication of BARKs total Inventory. This individual will work closely with the Planning & Merchandising team to identify & lead strategic initiatives aimed at ensuring optimal Inventory levels & health. This role will help us with long-term inventory planning as well as day-to-day inventory operations in order to achieve BARKs financial & operational goals.
The ideal candidate for this role would appreciate BARKs unique demand & channel models & will be strategic, process-focused & creative with their approach to problem solving.
- Partner with Channel Planners to pull together & provide visibility into committed inventory levels & drive overall strategy & execution levels within the BARK network
- Own projects & strategies aimed at ensuring the perpetual health of inventory levels with the goal of mitigating financial/ operational risk
- Create & maintain the rolling inventory Forecast for all of BARK
- Create Multi-level reporting to give insights into Inventory health & effectiveness (such as turnover, agining, projected/ actuals vs plan)
- Work closely with the Fulfillment team to advise, determine & strategically place inventory within the BARK network for optimal operational efficiency
- Regularly review & communicate inventory at risk & partner with the Accounting team to manage the quarterly inventory reserve
- Monitor Inventory performance & work with cross functional partners to develop action plans to improve stock levels & hit inventory targets
- Continuous focus on achieving efficiencies by developing & communicating requirements to internal & external partners with respect to data, systems, process & operational needs for inventory management
- 5-7 years of experience in Inventory Management and/or Planning with high financial accountability
- Ecommerce & Retail Merchandising experience with managing & supporting a high sales volume category (high SKU count, heavy seasonality, high revenue ($500M+)) preferred
- Demonstrated ability in building inventory models (Open-To-Buy, Rolling Forecasts, What-If Scenario Planning, etc)
- Process, Product & a builder mindset. Experience in implementing/ integrating inventory management/ allocation/ demand planning systems a plus
- Proficient in MS Excel/ Google Sheets, with good analytical skills & a comfort accessing large data sets.
- Proven ability to be a strategic & creative problem solver
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
Please Note: BARK requires all employees or guests entering our space to provide proof of up to date covid-19 vaccinations. Exemption and/or accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
FOR NJ/NY BASED APPLICANTS:
- The base salary range for this position is $133,600 - $161,000
- This position is eligible for equity
**This compensation range is based on BARKs good faith estimate as of the date of this posting & may be modified in the future. Actual pay for this position will depend on a variety of variables including location, travel, internal equity, experience, education, skills & expertise.