KATERRA is a technology company transforming property development, design, & constructionfrom start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, & construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design & build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainablewe can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences.
Junior Artificial Intelligence Software Engineer
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of software development including requirements, functional specification, implementation, & testing. Excellent interpersonal & communication skills are a must as the successful candidate will be an integral part of the AI research & development team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Research, implement & maintain state of the art code structures primarily in Python & C++
- Use best practices for software development, including function specifications, code reviews, revision control, unit testing, & documentation
- Work closely with AI developers to translate algorithms into software solutions
- Automate large data processing tasks (annotation, storage, cleaning, summary reports)
- Collaborate closely with software engineers to deploy models to production
- Analyze experimental data & communicate the findings cross-functionally
Required Skills & Experience
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study
- 5+ years of Python & C++ experience including their standard libraries
- Understanding of distributed parallel processing, memory management, & performance optimization in C++/Python
- Expertise in databases languages such as Hadoop & Mongodb
- Experience with Git or equivalent distributed revision control systems
- Knowledge of docstrings & automated code documenting tools (Sphinx, Epydoc, Doxygen)
- Extensive experience writing unit tests
- Familiar with deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch) & data science tools (numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, pandas)
- Working knowledge of Docker & AWS
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.