Acquia is the open-source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation & create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community & collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North Americas fastest-growing software companies as reported by Deloitte & Magazine, & have been rated a leader by the analyst community & named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, & we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate & relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, & built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North Americas fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte & Magazine, & have been rated a leader by the analyst community & named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, & we want you to be a part of it.
Acquias Cloud Data team owns a set of services that provide filesystem & database capabilities that are durable, secure, highly available, scalable, & fast, equally supporting enterprise-level production environments as well as managing any number of related development environments. Our products aim to require no real-time operational overhead, be able to scale to fit flexible performance & capacity needs, & be developed to support any hosting architecture.
- Design & develop features for next generation distributed, multi tenant, & scale out database cluster architecture
- Work in a DevOps focused team owning & operating the services you build in accordance with service level objectives.
- Build high volume, highly available services in Ruby utilizing the latest cloud based services from Amazon Web Services.
- Working in an Agile Scrum team building shippable product increments that meet the goals set by the Product Owners.
- Develop unit & automated integration tests that give the team confidence to deploy to production on a predictable cadence.
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle including development, automated test construction, deployment & operations.
- Be an active participant in Scrum ceremonies.
- Provide product support to internal & external stakeholders.
- Executes projects effectively & efficiently
- Uses sound rationale for problem identification & decision-making
- Works in collaborative & supportive manner
- Strives to consistently achieve excellence in work delivered
- Strong software development skills, including paradigms & patterns
- Strong Ruby or comparable programming language experience (with a focus on product engineering, not just scripting)
- Strong Linux development fundamentals
- Strong cloud experience, AWS is a plus
- Relevant technical degree or 2-3 years equivalent experience
- Professional Proficiency in delivering solutions that configure, optimize, & automate multi tenant distributed database solutions.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, & or AWS certification
- Good working knowledge of Ruby & Connect API patterns
Good to have:
- Familiarity with operating high volume, highly available AWS Aurora Setups.
- Open source contributor
- Drupal experience
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.